Yet another M400 Question

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Smoothcrm7, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I'm going to be a freshman in college this upcomming year and i decided on a tablet the toshiba m400 more then definitely speced out like http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c...ery=BAT-0001&COMP_Standard+Warranty=WARR-0001 this
    i was wondering a few things ive read on this site and others for a while that toshiba ships with a lot of bloatware is it possible to wipe the hard drive with my other windows ultimate disk and just entering the new computers vista serial number?
    And i keep reading about the fan being extremely loud..I have a gen 4 XPS dell and that thing is loud just how loud is the m400 im assuming its not bad sicne its a tablet
    Thanks in advance!

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Sure can do with a clean installation of Windows Vista. Just need to navigate the Toshiba website and get the M400 Vista drivers. :)

Compared to the XPS, I don't have one but I'm assuming it's loud, but the M400's fan should be much quieter than your XPS.

3. Smoothcrm7

Smoothcrm7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hah so I'm guessing the toshiba support site isnt the easiest to navigate I personally have never had to deal with them before. Hopefully the vista driver update would get them automatically but having used vista since beta 1 that would probably be a dream = )

1 more quick question does anyone know if dreamscene/Aero runs well or at all on a m400 I've grown rather attached to my moving background
    Thank you for the fast response btw