Yet Another Humble Request For Guidance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RMRIBA, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[​IMG] .. Sold to the man who needs some sleep [​IMG]

2. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Enjoy your purchase; I doubt very much that you will experience any buyer's remorse.

You don't have any specific needs that will only be met by certain tablets, so really, any new model that is properly upgraded (i.e. RAM, harddrive) is going to be great for you.

IMO, the Fujitsu 4210 is where 'it's at' :D But again, that's not because it can do anything that the other models listed here can't... it's just that I love Fujitsu, and I love the 4210! (speaking of which, where is the review already? ...yargh, I'm practically ill with anticipation!)

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

honestly, I can't wait anymore!

I have been lurking here for a week and a half waiting for this 4120 review!

The ONLY reason I don't have one ordered yet is becuase I am not convinced that a XGA screen is conducive to photoshopping or AutoCAD.

I am used to using my dell inspiron 8600, with a 15 inch 1920x1200 resolution screen. I LOVE my high pixel density, and short of a screenshot of a XGA screen running photoshop, I am not going to be convinced!

So....anyone got a picture of their 4210 running photoshop/autocad? I just want to see the type of real estate I am going to be working with here...:D

4. rob1116

Ah yes, this is a good reason (IMO, the only good reason, hehe) not to go with the 4210; it's going to be a huge real estate loss for you, and if you are going to be photoshop'ing or CADing, you are probably going to miss it.

As for me... small physical size of the machine itself is very important, so 12" is the only way to go. I do loathe 1024x768, but what can ya do?

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Agree...
    The loss of a higher screen is without doubt an issue but one which I believe I can work around.

However, seeing as this is a 'wacom' styled tablet, I do intend to use Photoshop/Paintshop Pro myself.

The real test will be when I can get my hands on one......

6. PYROTAK

i really do wish fujitsu would stop being a so lazy and release a SXGA+ screen. maybe if I call fujitsu usa and throw some money their way they will actually give me some answers.

7. rob1116

hehe... doubtful. The problem isn't getting information out of the people you talk to, it's that the people within reach of the average person really don't know anything. Unless you manage to work your way up the chain of command to someone quite high, the people you talk to likely know only what has already been publicized... i.e. nothing solid regarding SXGA :(

8. PYROTAK

sad times all around.

9. butanamine

butanamine Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey RMBIRA, been out for a few days sorry. You'll be 100% fine with the graphics - I've seen solidworks running on an integrated graphics card and there're no problems. If you're using it for large assemblies, there might be a little bit of slow down while you rotate and pan etc, and sometimes you have to reset the view or may have to reload the file with large assemblies, but if you're not using it often, it will be a very minor frustration.

PS. I've now subscribed to the thread so should be able to respond quicker