yet another 1" which one should i buy?"

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by maxout, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

lmao.........

2. V.T

V.T Pen Pal - Newbie

hahaha im sooo sorry, it was late when i posted it :p

i ment to say Asus R1F!! :p :rolleyes:

3. maxout

maxout Pen Pal - Newbie

personally i think we are getting ripped off in todays.. market i mean electronics go out of date like in less than 6 months thing go old.. i mean specially computers. than why we still have these expensive tablets. anything over 1500$ is kind of expensive.. i mean 2k is just way to much..

anyway i am not pro its just my opinion.. i still think that 1200-1500 would be a good price for any TABLET in market.. but some of these Fujitsu and Toshiba and others are like 1800$ and very low Specs.. i mean 40gb HD lolz..
    yes but the quality is there.. they are made to last... design and quality wise.. but they lack.. SPECS.. very LOW specs.. i wonder why they can't have few more bells like HP have. i mean HP is mexico built and FUJI is jap so there is good difference there also with material they use as well. but still it should not be more than 1800$ i think..

anyway

i have found out that i can get discount being wachovia bank employee.
    so here what i have got on that HP tx1000z "TABLET" pc..

HP Home & Home Office Store price $1,613.99 *
    price epp price icon $1,517.15 *
    instant savings − $150.00
    price after rebate $1,367.15
    you saved 15.3%

---------------------
    Operating system Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)

Processor AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-66 (2.3 GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache )

Display 12.1" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display(1280 x 800) with Integrated Touch-screen

Memory 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

Graphics Card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 6150

Personalization HP Imprint Finish + Microphone

Networking Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth

Hard Drive FREE Upgrade to 160GB 5400RPM from 120GB 5400RPM!!

Primary CD/DVD Drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support

Primary Battery 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

OS and Recovery Media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)

Productivity Software Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
    -----------------------------------------------------

what you guys think.. compare the price and specs.. i think i save about 100$.. with my employee thing.

4. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's ironic that you're complaining about low specs when you're seriously considering a tx1000z...

If you find the Fujitsus a little too expensive you could check out their ebay store.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. maxout

maxout Pen Pal - Newbie

well my point is toward Fujitsu and Toshiba.. not HP b/c most of the HP laptop are good specs.and the price is nice too.. no wonder they are selling lot more computers these days than any other company. Fujistu is very good quality but specs are just low.. i rather buy PEN and PAPER than go with Fujitsu. Because you can't do multi tasking with those low specs. i mean 40-80gb hd.. 1.6ghz thats way to low for todays standards. 120gb and 2ghz is standard today.. and all the other stuff like bluetooth/card readers/cd/dvd drive/firewire/usb/mic/camera/finger reader/ all these makes your laptop. just as good as any desktop. may be better

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

maxout - you say Fujitsu is low speced. That is true for the 2010, as it is designed to be a lightweight tablet with long battery life - something that doesn't have high specs. If you look at the t4220 - I believe the processors on that run from between 2.0Ghz and 2.4GHz. Yes it is a bit expenseive - but that the quality.

You say 2Ghz is standard for today - yes in 15" laptops - remember that most tablets are 12". It is hard to put power in small packages - hence it becomes expenseive.

Maybe look at it this way - if you can't do multi tasking on a 1.6Ghz machine - have a good look at what you are trying to run. Make smart choices on the software you run - avoid the stuff that is just so bloated you need a new processor to run.

Sorry about the rant - but I think a fair amount of your points are invalid (and I know I didn't mention Toshiba - purely because I hardly know anything about them other then their current models are getting old and they (especially teh R400 I think it is) ARE overprice for what you get)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.