Yellow hue on T4220 screen

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by JeremySG, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremySG

JeremySG Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my refurbished T4220 tablet from the Fujitsu eBay store yesterday and after I first turned it on I immediately noticed that the screen had a yellowish hue to it.

It is not terribly yellow but enough to become annoying especially when compared directly to my desktop’s LCD. It almost looks like the color temperature on the backlight has been set to a very warm setting.

Is this normal with Fujitsu screens? Is there anything I can do about it? I called Fujitsu tech support and they said I could send it in for free diagnosis and repair if needed but I don’t want to pay for shipping if they can’t do anything about the yellow color.

Thanks

2. zunq

zunq Scribbler - Standard Member

3. JeremySG

Thanks for the reply. The iPhone issue was actually the first thing that came to mind when I first booted up. After using the screen more it is probably just a color temperature difference.

One other question though: I understand all tablets have issues with graininess/dullish colors but whenever I read reviews for the T4220 they almost always state how there isn’t much graininess and how the colors are vivid for a tablet.

The only tablet that I have been able to directly compare my T4220 is the HP tx2500. The colors look amazing on the HP compared to my T4220. Not only is the yellow hue not present in the HP it just has overall better color.

Has anyone else noticed this with their T4220 when compared to the tx2500? I am still trying to decide if I should send mine back to Fujitsu which is hard to do without being able to directly compare it with another T4220.

Thanks

4. MitchellT

MitchellT Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi - I have not tried it with my own T4220 yet, but I have calibrated my desktop LCD monitor with a monitor calibration tool from Pantone. These products vary in price from $99 on up and tend to be used by users who will edit photographs on their computers.

Here's a place to start: visit this link with your T4220 and your desktop unit and compare/contrast what you see between the two. This is a calibration image example: http://www.midsouthcolor.com/Download Files/MSCL Calibration.jpg

Looking forward to hear what happens next...

Best Regards -
    MitchellT

5. JeremySG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.