XtendTouch Pro Portable Monitor (ASUS ProArt PQ22UC Killer) Megathread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Pepper Jobs Ken

Pepper Jobs Ken Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sure we can do something about that when the pre-production units are ready.
    Those we sent before were engineering samples and there were only a few of those.

LSD-25 and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  2. LSD-25

LSD-25 Pen Pal - Newbie

Will this display do 4K HDR at 60Hz and 4:4:4? Not sure if its possible with HDMI 2.0

3. Pepper Jobs Ken

Yes, but not many devices out there can output this spec anyway.

4. Pepper Jobs Ken

How to post a video up here? Maybe YouTube?

5. Pepper Jobs Ken

Someone asked about the support for Corel Painter software under Windows 10...yes, it's OK.
    Sorry about our poor writing/drawing, we are not professional artists~ corelpainter.jpg

6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

YouTube is good. :thumbsup:

For reference, here are some example videos showing the diagonal jitter test:

And this video shows a hover tracking test (important hitting small object handles in applications) and pressure variation/quick circles test (light end of pressure curve @0:10; heavy end of pressure curve @0:16), which is important for producing naturally varying lines while drawing/writing quickly:

The HP Spectres with this type of MPP OLED panel have consistently performed poorly on these pen tests (examples here and here), so we are eagerly hoping for a maker to solve these issues, and finally do this beautiful kit justice!

PS: Also if possible, could you check for a moire pattern on the screen, which affected the previous OLED 13" and hopefully it isn't present on the 15".

Big thanks, Ken!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 12:14 PM
    sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  7. Pepper Jobs Ken

No problem, we shall post some videos to YT after our firmware optimization.
    Right now drawing performance is 95% done, only drawing a straight line with a ruler at a very low pace still need a little optimization.

8. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Holy Moly - that video is old if it's showing EMR 1 devices like the HP 2760p - I remember being told off by another poster here when I said my 2760p Elitebook was a pile of crud for cursor accuracy but the line test at the end of the video shows it wasn't just my device.
    Maybe Crazycat had the ONE HP2760p which worked properly but it was a pile of poop for most other users.
    Most of those 3rd party Wacom devices (apart from the cintiq) were horrible for tracing / producing a series of line-test animation drawings or using illustrator with. That digitiser was simply designed for business users who needed to capture a customer's on-screen signature and nothing else.

The diagonal jitter test is a pretty good test of a display machine but as an illustrator user (among other applications) the ability to click on a bezier handle first time and adjust a line using your stylus and screen is pretty critical to others.
    Maybe the two requests (line smoothness and cursor accuracy) run counter to each other but I know an iPad with its capacative screen allows you to select and adjust bezier handles first time, every time. Most PC or MAc users using illustrator / inkscape / Affinity Designer will still tend to use a mouse to adjust vectors accurately - apart from on an iPad.

Suppose I'm saying which market is bigger for someone making a graphic display - the artist raster painting market that wants to produce paintings and 2D/3D concept art OR the vector market that produces design drawings / CAD / vector illustrations / CAM etc?
    It would be amazing to have something that does both really well - optimised line drawing at all angles AND pin-point accuracy for the stylus.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 4:45 AM