XtendTouch Pro Portable Monitor (ASUS ProArt PQ22UC Alternative) Megathread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Pepper Jobs Ken

Pepper Jobs Ken Pen Pal - Newbie

One major issue is that the power consumption of those monitor/TV chipsets is high, they are still using older manufacturing process such as 28nm/40nm, none of them can be compared with modern mobile processors that are already manufactured with the latest 5nm/7nm process.
    Zen Touch would be even worse because it has an extra DisplayLink chip inside, which consumes even more power than a monitor without it.

Not that we don't want to pay more to get a lower-power controller, it just doesn't exist.

Tams, sonichedgehog360 and Marty like this.
  2. Ludo

Ludo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Ken, i just learned about this monitor from this thread and found that you set up a Indiegogo campaign. Just wanted to know when do you plan to end the campaign and wich courier will you use to ship to Europe. Thanks

3. Pepper Jobs Ken

I think that will be ending in about 2 weeks.
    We ship by DHL to European countries.

Ludo likes this.
  4. Ludo

Ludo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info, I will think about purchasing next week the "Early Bird - Single Pack" February shipping perk.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  5. Pepper Jobs Ken

The program is ending very soon.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Hello! First off, thanks, @Pepper Jobs Ken , and I hope things are going well for you! I noticed you said you would be fulfilling orders in ascending order and that the orders were still on track to be fulfilled starting the end of this month. I am curious because I am the very first backer and I have not been notified yet of my order being sent out. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon.

LSD-25 likes this.
  7. Pepper Jobs Ken

We shall probably send out the first 50 units because shipping companies have started to cut off taking orders and are going to have Chinese New Year holidays, this year the cut off happens earlier than usual because of the pandemic, many people are going back home before 28th January to avoid being quarantined. The policies keep changing and we are adjusting ourselves.

No worries, production is going on fine, however, we do want to spend more time on doing burn-in and testing before we dispatch the products to our dear backers.

The rest will be sent out after Chinese New Year holidays.

Thank you!

LSD-25, Marty and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  8. Pepper Jobs Ken

We have already locked the survey on the Pledgebox platform yesterday and are going to ship out the first batch of the Pro monitor.

There is a slight delay because the government here announced new policies for New Year holidays and many staff had to leave a lot earlier than expected in order to get home without being quarantined (They had to get home before 28th Jan). The lack of labours inevitably slows down our assembly and testing procedures, we have to ensure the quality and therefore it takes more time for us to finish our work instead.

Please kindly understand, thank you!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  9. Pepper Jobs Ken

The first batch of the Pro monitors hardware have been thoroughly tested and are ready to dispatch, however, the partner shipping companies here stopped working on orders which need proper customs declaration (which our products are legitimate and needed to do so), they are not resuming work until the final week of February. We are deeply sorry about the delay, however, we assure you that we shall deliver them to our backers properly immediately after the CNY holidays here.

Devices we tested the Pro monitors with before sending include:
    1.) iPad Pro
    2.) MacBook Pro
    3.) Thunderbolt 4/3 laptops (Dell, HP, Lenovo - DHL)
    4.) Nintendo Switch
    5.) Lenovo type-C tablet
    6.) Ryzen laptop
    7.) Samsung Galaxy phones
    8.) Huawei phones
    9.) SONY PS5/PS4 Pro
    10.) SONY UHD BD player
    11.) Desktop PC with NVIDIA graphics card
    12.) Apple TV
    13.) Samsung ChromeBook

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  10. Pepper Jobs Ken

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that we are back to work and we are working on an update over the 1st production firmware as we found that the iPad Pro has its own unique colour output profile which is different from any of those Windows/Mac laptops.

It has extra white-point/gamma presets and we need to counter its effect with our firmware.

Below is showing the working result, we shall update all units of the 1st batch before sending them to our dear backers.

20210222150334.jpg

Thank you for your patience and kind attention!

LSD-25 likes this.