1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

XP vs. XP Tablet

Discussion in 'Software' started by Selina, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Selina

Selina Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm new to tablets (I have my first, FJS T4220, for 2 weeks) and would like to know the difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Tablet Edition. (I got the tablet with Vistas and I'm thinking about downgrading - so far I'm not too satisfied with the performance.) Would installing Windows XP mean losing all the tablet features? What if I install XP and add the drivers for tablet buttons, Wacom pen digitizer etc., will the tablet work like a tablet? Why am I asking: XP Tablet Edition doesn't have my language version, and getting the XP recovery CD for downgrade would be a little complicated here.
  2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Going with a regular XP, you'll lose all tablet functionality, including Tablet Input Panel. You can't add that to XP using driver installations.
  3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member