XP Tablet on a Modbook?

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by OldDog, Oct 19, 2009.

1. OldDog

OldDog Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a Modbook hoping to put XP Tablet on with VMWare. I must have Journal to use my lecture notes and class materials. I Could Not Get XP Tablet OS to install on the Modbook. Has anyone had success in getting this to work?

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

VMware (AFAIK) just creates a generic environment (without the tablet goodies) so it doesn't surprise me too much that it isn't working... Why don't you just dual boot it?

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And why do you use XP Tablet PC Edition? Maybe it's easier with Windows Vista or Windows 7 which contain all the tablet features, including Journal, already?

4. EricN

EricN Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not use Windows on my Modbook, but I am aware of those who do.

It is known that XP Tablet Edition has trouble installing under BootCamp, whether those installation problems extend to VMware, I don't know. However, there are posts at Axiotron's Forums from people successfully runnning Vista under both Parallels and VMware on their Modbook with most (pen flicks seem to be a problem) tablet features working, provided they've installed the appropriate Pen driver from Wacom.

EricN
    The Modbookish

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. OldDog

OldDog Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you ever-so-much for the advice and especially for the links. I'm on it.

OldDog