XP Tablet Edition Key QUESTION

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bernok, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I am thinking about switching from Vista to XP TE. I currently own a WinXP key, does it work with WinXP TE or do I need to purchase Tablet Edition for it?

2. quillaja

quillaja Scribbler - Standard Member

My guess is 99% sure that it will work.

3. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

Why would you want to downgrade? Vista is superior to XP in nearly everyway, especially for a tablet.

I did some googling and found 2 cases where people tried what you want to do and it will not work. :(

4. Seb656

Seb656 Fujitsu T2010 User

Actually most people called it "upgrading to XP." Vista is very system intensive with minimal upgrades for tablet users. Not to mention the interface is made to be retard friendly. I am sure you will have a thousand reasons why you love Vista, but most people still prefer XP.

OP: Be aware that HP hasn't released drivers for XP for some of its models. While your specific model may be the exception, I would check that all of the drivers are available for your system before messing with it. My friend's DV series HP came with Vista and we couldn't get the drivers for XP, so we had to shift back to Vista =(

5. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you have a legit copy of XP Tablet Edition, you should also have a key. I doubt that an XP Pro, MCE or Home Key would work.

I'd stick with Vista though. Tablet functions on Vista are superior -- I've lived with both.

All of the old "Vista sucks" arguments have pretty much been addressed post SP1 and tablet functions are vastly improved compared to XP. I had Vista on my Asus and hated it. I went back to XP and hated it more. I switched back to Vista again when the beta for SP1 was released and was a lot happier. Just make sure you check for updated Vista drivers on a regular basis.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@ OP Windows XP & Windows XP Tablet are different OS's. You will need the appropriate key & media for both, so yes you will have to purchase Tablet PC edition.

Though HP has not officially released drivers for the tx2500, users her eon our forum have compiled the applicable drivers from other machines, that HP has XP Drivers for, you can find them here Darionco's guide actually tells which HP drivers are applicable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. I'll try to get special pricing through my school.

@Drtigerlilly - Thanks I have that post bookmarked already :D

I know that some people prefer vista over XP or viceversa. I just want to try it out and maybe run some benchmarks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.