XP Still in use?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bronsky, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Saw this article and had to laugh. My office still has a computer in a back office with XP as the OS. It has been there since the office opened in 2000 and is used for data entry for QuickBooks Pro 2000 (our current accounting software) and timeslips 2001 (our current time billing software). Mercifully, that computer is not online and is only used for bookkeeping and an occasional word processing session by a paralegal or junior attorney.

https://www.fudzilla.com/news/49140-a-third-of-corporates-have-a-connected-xp-machine

WillAdams likes this.
  2. WhenUtry

WhenUtry Pen Pal - Newbie

This reminds me of that Nathan For You episode where the lie detector administrator uses a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP on it (or was it Windows 95?). Guess these companies think if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One machine... not so bad. A whole network though? For example, I went to get a new mobile phone (cell phone in the USA) last week and the guy at the till was entering my details into a machine that runs on XP. I asked him about that and he said the whole company network was XP - the store assistants however have little Samsung Galaxy android tablets at the showroom section where they can show the range of phones.

I queried why and he said th XP machines just weren't able to refresh fast enough when a customer wanted to see a different phone from their range.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If the XP network unit was online I would be seriously concerned about my data.