XP Service Pack 2 problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by poetdante, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehumikael

Yehumikael Pen Pal - Newbie

I currently own a Compaq TC1000 and have enjoyed it for the most part. There is one problem I am having that I need help with resolving. When upgrading to Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 (or Windows XP Service Pack 2), I encounter a sever problem when the installation is complete. I receive no errors at all during the upgrade and even after rebooting. Once I log back into my Tablet pc, I can no longer use Internet Explorer or the explore.exe command at all. I can do without Internet Explorer, but can’t do without the ability to explore my hard drive, or search for files. When I try to perform any of the above mentioned tasks, the error I receive is as follows:

Explorer.Exe - Application Error: The instruction at "0x77f83905" referenced memory at "0x0e562e97." The memory could not be "written."

Once I uninstall XP service pack 2, the error disappears and the Tablet performs flawlessly. I would love to be able to use the enhancements in Tablet Edition 2005, but I need the ability to search and explore the hard drive. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is very odd. I have not encountered any issues like this with Service Pack 2. I am guessing that your original Windows installation may be corrupted. I would back up your data, then do a clean reinstallation and upgrade from there. Sorry to here of your troubles.

3. Yehumikael

Yehumikael Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, that's exactly what I am going to do. I will let you know how it works out.

Regards,

4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, please keep us updated on the solution ; )

Barry

5. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you sure that the application is explore.exe and not explorer.exe? explore.exe is an application caused by a serious virus (forgot the name)...hold on...explore.exe
    Hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.