XP Install on TX2500Z

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by WayneD, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WayneD

WayneD Pen Pal - Newbie

I have read all of the threads on installing XP on TX2500. I have tried the F6 route and slipstreaming the install CD with various drivers. ALL have failed. Does anyone know what will work on a TX2500Z 64BIT. I really need XP on this machine as my Cell Phone will not connect with Vista. At this point after about 20 hours and basket full of CD's I am willing to pay someone for a slipstreamed cd that will work. I have the XP Pro and XP Tablet COA. Any info on a driver package that will work with F6 or a Slipstreamed CD would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

From what i remember the xp sata drivers CANNOT be slip streamed into the cd, they MUST be put on a floppy or flash drive and done via f6. I find it odd that you have done this method and it hasn't worked, considering that's how everyone else's problem similar to yours was solved.

3. WayneD

WayneD Pen Pal - Newbie

I Know. I get the error "File \x64\ahcix64.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2113 in D:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c."

4. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

How is it that OEM's can have install CD's (on SATA devices) without requiring a floppy/flash drive?
    (not trying to jump on the offensive here, I'm actually trying to learn something :p )

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

This was just a problem specific to the tx2500's. It is possible to do it with xp installs, just for some reason the tx2500 just doesn't like it.

6. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

Oh, I got it now. Makes enough sense to me :)

7. toibry

toibry Pen Pal - Newbie

i slipstream the sata and vga in xp tablet 32 and its work fine for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.