XP downgrade rights - when does this expire?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by SimsHsia, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanufi

sanufi Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know when the XP downgrade program ends? I wish to purchase a T2010 maybe 2-3 months from now.

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi sanufi,

To my knowledge, Windows XP downgrade rights should end June 30th 2008, that's when general (consumer) retail availability of Windows XP is discontinued. Further on until the end of January 2009, Windows XP is available only to manufacturers, thus Windows XP may still be an option at after June 2008 until January 2009 for a new PC, but will have be a special request through the phone.

EDIT:

Here's Microsoft's Windows Life-Cycle Policy website detailing this information, but they explain a little about the downgrading policy in one sentence: here

3. sanufi

sanufi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks SimsHsia,

So if I purchase a T2010 anytime from now till June 30th 2008, I will be eligible for an XP downgrade disc?

4. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi sanufi,

I know that with Fujitsu U.S. (unsure of your location, as it's not set in your profile - if it's a different country, it may vary), if you go with Windows Vista Business pre-loaded, you get both Windows Vista and Windows XP restore disks, thus Fujitsu automatically grants all those that order a new system with the Windows XP downgrade rights. :)

If you do not, however, have the Windows XP restore disk provided, then you can contact Fujitsu U.S. (1-888-FUJITSU) and you pay for shipping for the Windows XP restore disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.