Xodo on penabled Android device

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Kumabjorn, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have used Acrobat Reader as my annotater so far, but now that I have the iPad Pro 9.7 I discovered the iOS version was lacking in comparison with dinner of the alternatives, especially with stylus support. I bought, installed and are now happily using GoodNotes on that device. Unfortunately they don't provide an Android version, and the closest I can find, without really having used it is Xodo.

So I would like to know if anyone here has tried Xodo and what you think of it. Even better if anyone has used GoodNotes and have recommendations for something similar on Android. The PDF files I'll be using still exist on Dropbox, so automatic syncing is helpful.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm a big fan of Xodo on both windows and android. I've used it on windows and android to read sheet music both in practice and performance. Even on Android, the pen detection with palm rejection is good. Just pick up and write, no need to enter a specific edit mode. Ink is smooth and comes out just as clean as OneNote does for me.

Also, it's free. No reason not to just give it a try.

3. Kumabjorn

I did, so I'm running Xodo on both Android and iOS now. It makes it simple with the same UI but I've found one strange anomaly. Highlighting text on Android, then selecting the highlight I can add and view a note to it, that feature isn't available on iOS.

4. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Huh. Usually it's the iOS version of an app that gets the updates and new features first. Odd that the iOS version misses that feature. I only ink on things, and only have windows and android stuff at the moment, so I don't have any experience with the iOS version.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I am using Xodo as well. It is the best I have found in a sea of imperfect Android PDF annotators.

6. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

I picked up s Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. I tried using Xodo, but the ink comes out jagged a lot. Doesn't happen in other apps (S Note and OneNote). Anybody else experience this or have a fix? Thanks.

7. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

For my Samsung note3neo Xodo was pretty good (Spen supported and one finger scrolling, palm rejection). Xodo on my Surface was disappointing compared to Drawboard. I am not sure about iOS.

In short-
    Drawboard is best in Windows
    Xodo leads in Android
    iOS - i have no experience.

8. Bronsky

Actually, I much prefer Samsung's Write on PDF for Android. Far better than Xodo IMO.

9. Kumabjorn

What is it you find better with the Samsung app?

10. Bronsky

It is far more intuitive for me. For one, it's easier to use PDF forms.

Kumabjorn likes this.