XG station

Discussion in 'Asus' started by henryhu, Jan 10, 2007.

1. henryhu

henryhu Pen Pal - Newbie

I just saw the XG station(an external graphic card for laptop) in the CES 2007. I am thinking about buying one for the R1F in the future as it has a poor intergrated gpu. I wondering if the cpu will limit the gaming ability as I have t5600, which runs just at 1.83G. I am thinking if it has the ability to run huge games with the XG station. If not, I will just not buy it. Any suggestion? If you have some data comparision between the t5600 and other powerful cpu on desktops, or even with ps3, xbox360, that will help a lot. And also, I am going to install the vista 64bit. So is the 64bit game going to make a lot of difference against the 32 bit ones?

2. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

There is already a topic here for the XG station but anyway, We will not know how well the XG station performs at all until it is actually released (march 2007 projected). I can tell you your CPU is plenty powerful to run whatever game you like.

2007 will not be the year for the big breakthrough of 64bit programming. I am assured that all programs that are meant for 32bit XP or Vista will work in 64bit Vista but I have no way of testing that yet.
    I don't know of any games that are specifically meant for 64bit OS's and doubt we will see many in the near future but if there are they will have a performance bonus for using 64bits. That is why the transition is being made, to gain performance. However since the vast majority of current programs do, and thus games, are meant for 32bit OS's you will not see a performance gain in Windows Vista 64. Mind you your system, even when using a XG station, will be limited by your graphics solution not by CPU power restraints.

Just wait for the reviews of the XG Station and if you like what it says.