XE700T1A and XE700T1C use the same accessories?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by elee532, Mar 4, 2013.

1. elee532

elee532 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do the XE700T1A and XE700T1C use the same accessories?

Thanks.

2. Jamie-B

Jamie-B Scribbler - Standard Member

This thread lists the differences we can figure out between the models. GeneNZ thinks that the XE700T1A is a lower resolution, Windows 7 version of the XE700T1C.

Edit: refer to the two posts below for more correct information.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

I have an XE700T1A-A04US and should be getting an XE700T1C-A02US shortly - and will be able to determine the differences. Before placing my order, researched the models - which was more difficult because the Samsung site has done a pretty poor job of explaining the differences in the models...

The XE700T1C-A04US appears to have different dimensions - so anything designed to fit the A01, A02 or A03 US models will probably not fit the A04US version.

The T1A and T1C models use different dock connectors - which is why I'm replacing my T1A - the connector appears to have broken (again) - and all 3 of my docks no longer work with wired Ethernet. Because of the different dock connectors, anything the T1A dock will not work with the T1C models.

The other connectors on the T1A appear to be compatible with the T1C - so the memory card, video, USB devices that work on the T1A should work on the T1C. Same should be true for BT devices - mice and keyboards for the T1A should work with the T1C.

While the T1A and T1C (non-A04) appear to be about the same size, I suspect the T1A Stand Case will not work with the T1C - plus the vents on the back of the T1C are in a different place, so even if the case did work - the T1C might overheat while running in the Stand Case - and it doesn't appear that Samsung sells a similar Stand Case for the T1C (probably because they assume everyone will use the keyboard instead of the Stand Case).

The AC adapters appear to be incompatible.

Because of the similarity in size, any slip-on or carrying cases should probably be compatible (though not necessarily if the keyboard is attached to the tablet).

Will hopefully be able to confirm all of this in the next week or so...

4. Deathangel

Deathangel Scribbler - Standard Member

The T1A is the old Series 7 Slate with 1366x768 resolution and a 2nd generation Core i5 processor.
    The T1C is the new Ativ PC Pro with a 1920x1080 resolution and a 3rd generation Core i5 processor.
    The dock connector is different between the two models, so any dock related stuff will not work interchangeably. The old keyboard will work because that used bluetooth. The styluses are interchangeable as well. Dimensions are very similar, so cases and pouches should fit both reasonably well, but the vents are in different locations.

5. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

Have both my old T1A-A04US and T1C-A02US - and can confirm that the two tablets are different enough that the T1A stand case will NOT work with the T1C.

I had purchased several extra digitizer pens - and those work fine.

Busy trying to get everything re-installed...

6. ben74

ben74 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, will the T1C keyboard work for the T1A ?

7. faisalkaramat

faisalkaramat Pen Pal - Newbie

I urgently need a ditigizer of XE700T1C. if anyone have it than inform me.

Attached Files: