X61t's

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Kyle Porter, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I have the opportunity to buy a bunch of used x61t's through asset recovery and was wondering if anyone would be interested.

Likely specs:
    1.6ghz processor,
    2gb ram,
    NO HDD,
    Vista buisness COA

I will only order some if enough people are interested, i believe they are the 1400 resolution models.

2. cephasara

cephasara Pen Pal - Newbie

For how much? :D

3. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

i would like to know as well.

4. ToxicLabRat

ToxicLabRat life sucks

been doing a lot of digging lately, Lenovo Outlet has x61s refurbished with everything for 750 to 850 ish
    most of those are the low resolution models though

do you have any idea what the previous application for them was? did they serve in the sands of iraq, do they need new pens from heavy field use?

i would definitely be interested if it was about 400 or so a unit, provided no cracks and the screen doesnt look like a cat got to it
    (im sure thats a detail they will leave out when they send them to you)

in doing some digging just about all the other tablets for 500 or under, upcoming or previous have passive digitizers, and will only half do the only thing I really want out of it- Notetaking the smart way

5. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here.. :)

6. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

$300 for low resolution models, $400 for the high resolution. They have all been sitting on desks, never moved. I don't even think the original users even used the tablet features once.

Condition is excellent on 95% of them, i need to double check though. All come with stylus's and power adapters. Before i ship them out, i will deal with lenovo to get recovery disks.

I would like to point out the reason why i get first crack at these is because i work for the government. I personally had to check to see that these are operational and also drilled the hard drives myself. It's looking like i would have to buy a lot of 20, so i need at LEAST 15 buyers from this site to break even.

7. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

When do you need to know? At that price I might be interested. The longer until the deadline the more likely I am to buy. Keep us posted.

Edit: What do you know about the batterys that would be included? Do the prices you list include shipping?

8. ToxicLabRat

ToxicLabRat life sucks

Dream come true, i guessed as much they were government, most normal companies do not rip the hard drives out- and thank you for clarifying on their condition, as regarding the previous comment on batteries and shipping, it is a hell of a deal to start with, and impossible for me to pass up

i would be willing to pay 350 for a low resolution to help with breaking even if necessary, as well as refer people to this link to help make it happen
    otherwise i would aim for a high resolution model

and thank you for considering us- being a broke college student it isnt so easy getting hold of anything worthwhile for a price not meant to make me skip a car insurance bill

9. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Woof

While I am at it - are the low res the touch screen + wacom? I am starting to think a lot more that this might be worth it. Hopefully we can find more people.

10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

all Lenovo's tablets use wacom technology.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.