X61T bezel unglued issue: only happen on SVGA+ screen?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by consolas, Jul 23, 2007.

?

Does your X61T have the unglued bezel issue?

1. I have a SVGA+ screen and I see the issue.

48 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. I have a SVGA+ screen and I do NOT see the issue.

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I have an MT screen and I see the issue.

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. I have an MT screen and I don't see the issue.

15 vote(s)
    18.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eng_518

eng_518 Pen Pal - Newbie

There's something else I noticed that may be a symptom of the problem. I have backlight bleed on the top right corners and the lower left corners. When I press the bezel on the sides the bleeding disappears.

The housing and bezel are racked. I think a more robust metal frame around the LCD panel itself would cure alot of these problems. It would stiffen up the entire assembly. My X60T doesn't have any of these problems.

I think some retooling is in order.

How about it Lenovo?

2. Toekiller

Toekiller Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I noticed that effect too.

A simple housing that fitted the thickness of the lcd wouldn't have been able to move. Maybe though through the stresses of the hinge it would crack if there was no flex. Or perhaps they use different thickneses of svga screen.

When I clean the screen, at the bottom of the affected area, if I gently push down the screen moves down, suggesting to me there is nothing behind the lcd in places, if not everywhere.

3. lepakvt

lepakvt Scribbler - Standard Member

yikes, I'm starting to see this issue now... not bad but hopefully it doesn't get any worse

4. Mohjong

Mohjong Pen Pal - Newbie

5. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, crap.

Just got mine, and within two hours, the bezel issue showed itself.

6. Toekiller

Toekiller Pen Pal - Newbie

3 to 1 with a problem? Even taking into consideration the forums 'you only get bad news' effect, that seems pretty high don't ya think?

7. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting post on thinkpads.com:

8. Infusion

Infusion Pen Pal - Newbie

Now I too have the issue, and I'm having so much trouble trying to arrange for a replacement. I'm still within the 21 days ffs, let me ****ing replace this.

Lenovo sucks, but at least I found one nice tech guy at IBM (yeah they outsource their support, sales and support are separate sure, separate numbers sure, separate companies????, of course hell for replacements).

And class is about to start, what I tried to buy my tablet for OVER A MONTH AGO. Received 9-5, ordered 8-3, still not going to get me over for class.

AVOID X61T UNTIL THEY STRAIGHTEN OUT.

9. pomoster

pomoster Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I'm finding the same problem as everybody else here but arriving at it took me more time, and the unhelpful intervention of the Lenovo repair people (although, I must say that the customer service folks have been wonderful). My first issue was the shaky horizontal lines on the lower 1/3 of my screen.. sent it in for repair. It came back with a new LCD, no lines, but these faint and irritating orange cloudy spots in three of the four corners. Sent it back to be repaired... came back to me with the same orange spots in place AND the unglued bezel issue as well. So, my "case" has been escalated to some high up office and I'll report back to all of you when they call me about it (tomorrow, apparently).

Question: Does anybody know what percentage of x61 buyers opt for the MV/MT model? I'm wondering if the stats culled in this thread really do indicate that the Sview screens are worse... or is it the case that far fewer people buy the MT/MV?

Jamie

10. Michael-P

Michael-P Pen Pal - Newbie

@pomoster:
    can you take a picture of this "orange spots",i think i have one in the middle of my MV/MTscreen-but i cant make a photo-it cant be seen on them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.