X61 v. X200

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by LenovoGringo, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghb2009

ghb2009 Pen Pal - Newbie

What would I be giving up if I went on eBay and purchased an X61 vs. purchasing a X200?

2. unixphone@yahoo.com

unixphone@yahoo.com Pen Pal - Newbie

screen size is different

3. okno

okno Pen Pal - Newbie

i would go (i already did :) ) for X61 - bigger screen, smaller dimensions

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

i wouldn't necessarily say the screen is bigger, the x61 uses a standard 12'' screen in xga (1024x768) & sxga+ (1400x1050) resolutions. The x200 uses a 12'' widescreen in wxga (1200x800) resolution.

The x200 is also led backlit, has a built in webcam, better speakers, newer intel chipset, faster processors, faster memory, bidirectional hinge, bezel less screen option.

The speed differences might not be perceived in average tasks, but if you can get past the resolution, the other additions to the x200 might make it a better option.

That said the x61 is still a great tablet.

5. vicvic

vicvic Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the X61t sxga+ (1400x1050) and I love that resolution :)

1400x1050= 1.470.000 (53% +)
    1200x 800= 960.000

6. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

In terms of ergonomics, I prefer the X200.

The AC plug, heat exhaust, ethernet, VGA, ExpressCard and a USB are all located on one side of the tablet, allowing one to be hooked into the wall, web, usb stick, projector while in tablet mode without having to feel the 'burn.' I also like the wider keyboard and frameless screen. The X200 is supposedly lighter (mine weighs exactly 4lbs w/ 8cell)...

The lack of SXGA+ is sad though.... But that's where the industry is heading. On a price to price basis, the X61 can't be beat.

7. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

Amen to LenovoGringo who says... "The AC plug, heat exhaust, ethernet, VGA, ExpressCard and a USB are all located on one side of the tablet, allowing one to be hooked into the wall, web, usb stick, projector while in tablet mode without having to feel the 'burn.'"...

This "burn" feeling is 80% of the reason why I am dumping my Gateway 141-XL, super system but no matter where I put my hand, the darn thing has an exaust fan blowing heat on it. The weight isnt an issue, neither is the general heat levels, but after 10 min of web browsing I am breaking out in a sweat (mind you I live in southern California, and its already warm here). Why don't laptop designers think of this type of stuff when they design things.

8. jonlumpkin

jonlumpkin Scribbler - Standard Member

Agree with most of what has been said above.

In addition, the x200T is lighter, faster, gets better battery life, and runs cooler (45nm CPU). The x4500MHD also accelerates decoding of h264/VC-1 (including HD), while the x3100 GPU in the x61T does NOT.

The x61T includes Firewire and a 4-way Navdial. Both were phased out on the x200T.

In my opinion the x200T is superior enough to warrant the price difference, but both are very good tablets.

9. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

^^^ Yeah, there's an amazing difference between the operating temperatures between the X200 and X61. While I've read reports of X61's almost burning laps, the X200 is very cool, I've never had an issue with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.