x220t owners

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by darthhen, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driekus

driekus Pen Pal - Newbie

That doesnt show up on my tabook.
    Did that have an outdoor screen?

2. Iron_Dreamer

Iron_Dreamer Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep. There were three models in that series, one with matte screen, two with outdoor. They showed up at CostCentral and Provantage (among others) without many details, then disappeared about a month later. They never showed up in tabook as far as I could tell.

3. driekus

driekus Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the 4296-2ZU and this may have suffered a similar fate, waiting for confirmation.

4. et10yl

et10yl Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine's here! Very excited. Not seeing backlight bleed or ghosting so far, but I've got the screen brightness set at 7 and it looks just fine to me. Looking for a screen protector and a case for it.

Didn't burn a back up of the disk in its original state though. Should I have done that? I don't anticipate swapping for an SSD for awhile (want them to come way down in price first)...

5. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

It's a good idea to buy those recovery discs just incase.

6. driekus

driekus Pen Pal - Newbie

7. chanakin

chanakin Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, this is a little-known fact, but if you are going to keep a laptop constantly plugged in, you're better off removing the battery entirely and running it via AC power. The reason why: laptop batteries are designed to cycle, to charge, run down, and charge again. If you keep them constantly charging it actually wears them down faster, thus the reason why many people's batteries hold no charge after a year or two.

8. legendaryflatulis

legendaryflatulis Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered my X220 from Cost Central over the past weekend and their website indicated over 30 units in stock. Today I get an email indicating that they're out of stock. Majorly bummed out but I'm going to keep my order anyway as it was a great deal.

9. sonshine87

sonshine87 Pen Pal - Newbie

you can try provantage.com. Just email them the page you order your x220 from costcentral and they'll pricematch it for you. I did that with mine to avoid the tax in california. Ordered on Tues of last week and got it Monday (pretty fast in my opinion ) :D

10. legendaryflatulis

legendaryflatulis Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, no kidding? I'll have to give that a shot.

I thought Cost Central was in PA. I was a bit surprised when I got a tax on my purchase.

edit: I'm looking around their site and I'm only seeing old x200's and X61's on sale for over 2 grand. Am I not looking in the right spot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.