X201t vs X220t

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Zalgroth, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Zalgroth

Zalgroth Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    What are the differences between these two tablets, other than processor and price? Is the x220t worth a few extra hundred dollars?

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably the main practical difference is the X201t uses a 16:10 screen while the X220t uses a 16:9 screen. The X220t is taller and skinnier than the X201, which may make it a bit harder to use in portrait mode. The X220 can use mSATA drives. They're small SSDs that plug into a miniPCI slot on the motherboard. It effectively gives you two drives, a small SSD and a larger platter drive in the main bay. I have this on my X220 and it works real slick. The X220t also has the touchpad buttons integrated into the palm rest, while the full touchpad buttons with a touchpad, but it's very small.

Worth depends on how much you value it. Since we just met, it's kind of hard for me to say for you. If you think you'd like the extra features, particularly the mSATA drive, then perhaps so.

3. fatpolomanjr

fatpolomanjr Scribbler - Standard Member

Temperatures and battery life on the X220T (~5-6+ hours with conservative use) are also better than the X201T (~4-4.5 hours). It seems like it is back to X200T efficiency and coolness, despite the X220T using full voltage processors exclusively.

4. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

i just saw the x201T now in real life. what a classic amazing machine. this shop owner had 5 of them in full usage. he loves that vintage feel, usage and look. i say buy both x201t and x220t and kep them forever. they are classics and awesome machines to decorate your tech office if you are not using them :)

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@Zalgroth while x220t is vastly superior in my opinion, it is worth $200 and not much more itself - and X201t even less. Paying $300 or more, you should be getting at least X230t for that kind of money.