1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

x201 tablet stylus calibration

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by mac803, Jun 4, 2010.

1. mac803

mac803 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just purchased a x200 tablet with the outdoor viewable recessed panel (non multitouch), downgraded to windows xp tablet pc edition.

I have used the windows calibration tool, then downloaded the wacom advanced graphics driver and used that calibration tool as well, I have updated all lenovo drivers, bios, and windows xp updates, and I cant for the life of me get the stylus to be accurate. The cursor is very accurate towards the center of the screen, but towards the edges of the screen the cursor will be way off to one side, then sometimes snap back into place. Its borderline unusable at this point.

Does anyone know of any kind of fix for this who has a x200/x201 tablet, is there some sort of fujitsu/wacom frankedriver type fix I could try. Someone else who I know who has a x200 with the outdoor screen has this identical issue so I dont think its a defective digitizer, I have tried other stylus pens also, no luck.I have experimented with all mouse pointer options also, with no luck. I am willing to try anything at this point.
  2. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a flaw common to most if not all tablet PCs. You are never going to be able to get a precise calibration on the entire screen surface area. Some have worse offset than others, but it's pretty much always there. It becomes less of a problem as you learn to follow the cursor instead of the pen tip, but you're pretty much out of luck.
  3. mac803

mac803 Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess thats why our tech guys recommend Fujitsu tablets, I am using a Fujitsu Stylistic right now and my pen is precise anywhere on the screen, I guess they have the best digitizers. Although we have a Lenovo x61 tablet that is very precise. I feel like the newer ones are less accurate, it might also have to do with the higher screen resolutions too. This is frustrating that I spent $2700 on a tablet that has a stylus with such extreme accuracy issues. Fujitsu must have the best driver algorithm/digitizer hardware combination. My advice, only buy Fujitsu. Thanks..
  4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member

Could you describe this effect a bit more precise?:
    What do you mean with snap?

Fujitsu digitizers aren't that precise either. Towards the edge the calibration gets difficult, too. However, with a proper calibration it's very good in the center of the display and only a small offset, maybe 1-2mm at at least two edges.
  5. bomboora

bomboora Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a brand new Fujitsu Lifebook T900, and I have exacly the same problem. Very frustrating. I thought it had a defect, but when I read this, it seems to be normal?
    :confused:
  6. ODDied

ODDied Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone

I'm seeing you talk about Lenovo x200 tablet and Fujitsu. Has anybody tried the Fujitsu stylus on Lenovo tablet? Is it compatible? I'm looking for stylus replacement for X200 with two side-buttons, and AFAIK Fujitsu has two (at least the one that I found: labeled CP323611-01 (or CP291995-??) and UP-814E-65 on the side of the box sticker (this last number gives me clue that it might work with any tabletPC, as wacom pens series starting with UP- should work with any TabletPC).

And to be "on-topic":)) any experience with pressure feel and accuracy differences with different digitizers on the same tabletpc?

____
    ODDie
  7. AndreR

AndreR Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does everyone have this problem? I don´t think I had this problem on my HP tx2500. I saw that Wacom said it was the manufactures responsibility to calibrate the hardware, and it seems for me there is something behind the screen interfering with the signal.

Using a ruler shows how the signal "runs off" before reaching the edges.
    [​IMG]

Highlighted where the interference is.
    [​IMG]
  8. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member

9. AndreR

AndreR Scribbler - Standard Member