x200 Tablet - Broken screen help

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by starburst, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starburst

starburst Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone help?

I have a x200t with a damaged screen, I am however very confused:

The stickers on the back give the following numbers:

wacom: SUR5R-12W13AS-01X

Wistron: P/N 60.4Y405.001

Samsung: LTN121AP03

P/N 42t0565

FRU: 44c9666

1) Can you take the digitizer bits off and transfer them to a new screen? Anyone got experience and / or instructions?

2)Will any other model fit (possibly better model) or is it just the Samsung LTN121AP03.

3) If no to (1) can I use other x200t or x201 screens and digitizers? It seems if I have to pay £250+ to get the full assembly I would prefer to upgrade to multi touch.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

2. AndreR

AndreR Scribbler - Standard Member

The digitizer is an independent layer behind the screen, so this has nothing to do with the screen.

However, the rest can be a problem. You will have to check that the display cables matches the contact on the motherboard and see if your backlight can use the inverter you have now. If you are lucky, the new display will include an inverter. Also the screws to attach the display must match the ones in the lid. See the other thread.

I believe the AFFS display should fit without problem, and these are probably more common than the Samsung.

3. starburst

starburst Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the response; I understood that an LED backlit display does not have an inverter is this correct?

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I do believe that even LED screens have a controller board more often than not (its not an inverter as it doesn't step it up to several thousand volts, but it does the same thing as one with PWM control), EDIT: Looks like its a LED screen, you will most likely need the screen, a different LVDS cable (possibly) and maybe the LED driver

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Having a CCFL on my le1600, I can say that I'm almost positive my Superbright Outdoor screen is LED. The screen is nothing like the screen in the 1600-- no period to warm up and get bright enough, no running red color wise, etc. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure. I think the consensus was that it wasnt IPS though, but ...PVA I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.