X200: Cannot use the camera....

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by LenovoGringo, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi everyone,

It seems that my X200 cannot detect the camera under Vista's device manager. I have downloaded and installed the latest camera drivers too. The integrated camera does appear in another third party software (Yawcam) but I still cannot use it (say's there is no selected device although I have selected the integrated camera option!).

Something is really weird. There is another post on the official lenovo forum with the same problem.

So.... With those that have an integrated camera, how do you use it?

2. StarTAC_Fan

StarTAC_Fan Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry I can't directly solve your problem.

Did you check under Imaging Devices? One of the screenshot is of the Device Manager of the X200 I have.

I just tried the camera for the first time a few minutes ago. There was an icon in the system tray called Lenovo Camera Center. Clicked it. Gave me 2 choices, download Video Conference app, or use Roxio Media Import. I was able to take a snapshot of myself with the Roxio.

What happens if you click that Lenovo Camera Center icon in the system tray?

Attached Files:

3. LenovoGringo

LenovoGringo Scribbler - Standard Member

That's strange.... I only get the download app. I already tried installing the drivers, so what's next?

4. yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed Skype and it identified the integrated cam and was able to use it immediately.

5. alphakenny1

alphakenny1 Pen Pal - Newbie

yea i only installed skype and was able to use the integrated camera. i was actually expected some software developed by lenovo to use the camera but i guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.