X13 Yoga G2: Best 2021 ThinkPad convertible (IMO)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Jun 12, 2021.

1. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

As of 2021, there are four ThinkPad Yoga models around - L13 Yoga, X13 Yoga, X1 Yoga, X1 Titanium Yoga, sorted from least to most expensive.

Surprisingly, the second least expensive model might be the best one. I recently has the opportunity to look at one.

Notebookcheck review of the X13 Yoga G2

Quick summary of what it is:

X13 Yoga is the "mid range" ThinkPad Yoga, meant for mass deployment in large companies. It still sports the classical ThinkPad design language (unlike X1 Titanium or X1 Yoga); it is clad in matte black paint.

Under the paint, it uses Carbon + Magnesium, so it is very much like the old X1 Yoga G3.This years X13 Yoga G2 uses the 16:10 aspect ratio for the first time, which obviously is much nicer for a convertible, especially on a 13.3 inch screen. With the smaller footprint and more lightweight materials, the X13 Yoga G2 is lighter than the X1 Yoga, almost as lightweight as the much more expensive X1 Titanium.

Unlike that one, it still sports a full array of legacy ports (2x USB A, HDMI) and the garaged pen. And unlike the X1 Yoga, Lenovo offers a 2K screen option - WQXGA (2,560 x 1,600) is just a much more balanced choice than 4K UHD, as battery like is not going to decrease as much.

Similar to the X12 Detachable, the X13 Yoga G2 just hits a sweet-spot in terms of pricing, I think. Don't get me wrong, the X1 Yoga is great, but the X13 Yoga G2 is a serious contender. Just a great workhorse.

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  2. xxxxx

xxxxx Pen Pal - Newbie

3. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

That is a nice comparison, but it isn't about the X13 Yoga G2 - its the regular, non-convertible X13 G2.