X1 Titanium: First Yoga convertible with 3:2 screen (?)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Interesting. The article starts with "The ThinkPad X1 Titanium Yoga would be a high-end convertible with a metal build - unusual for a ThinkPad laptop." Except the X1 Yoga just transitioned to aluminum casing. Still somewhat unusual I guess, but definitely not new.

Another quote: "It will be the thinnest ThinkPad laptop yet, with a body completely made out of metal. Judging from the pictures, it looks like the screen will have a 3:2 aspect ratio, though this is not confirmed yet." Let's hope that this thinness is accompanied by a low weight, AND a large battery. (prepares to be disappointed on both fronts)

ibmthink likes this.
  3. ibmthink

TCO confirms the 3:2 screen once again - 2256 x 1504 is a 3:2 resolution.

dellaster and JoeS like this.
  4. ibmthink

daddyfish and JoeS like this.
  5. JoeS

Well look at that, a 2.54 lbs X1 Yoga, frickin' finally! Half a pound less than the previous few generations, which always came in around 3.05 lbs.

Plus a 450 nit brightness is above average for Lenovo, and good enough for me. The 3:2 aspect ratio will finally get rid of that giant lower 'chin' that all X1 Yoga's used to have. 2256 x 1504 is also good enough, nice.

And as you say, 44.5 Wh might work, but it's 10 Wh less than my X1 Yoga 3rd gen. I guess that's the price to pay for the weight loss. The uSD reader is still AWOL, but at least they kept the 3.5mm headphone jack. Pretty nice overall. Good thing it doesn't come with an OLED screen, or I might have had to consider it. :p

ibmthink likes this.
  6. JoeS

7. ibmthink

No, that was surprising for me as well, I guess in the end, Lenovo had to choose between smaller chin or thinner chassis. And they chose thinner chassis to make it more usable as a tablet. If you look at the space above the keyboard, they could have easily cut that down. But they needed the room for the components.

4:3 is gonna be hard to source. :vbbiggrin:

JoeS likes this.
  8. JoeS

Huh, good point, you're totally right! Let's hope they manage to shave more off the chin for the next version.

upload_2021-1-13_12-55-0.png

ibmthink likes this.
  9. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, "This is visible when looking at the much lower weight of the X1 Titanium Yoga (1.15 kg) compared with the X1 Yoga (1.39 kg)" and 3:2 screen, ooff that is going to be one tough pick with all these good 2-1 laptops coming out.

ibmthink and JoeS like this.