X1 Titanium: First Yoga convertible with 3:2 screen (?)

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by ibmthink, Sep 5, 2020.

1. ibmthink

ibmthink Scribbler - Standard Member

Alongside the X12, another ThinkPad was leaked: The X1 Titanium. What exactly this would be remained a mystery for a long time, but it is becoming a little bit clearer now.

Like the X12, the X1 Titanium was leaked to be a H2 2020 product, so it will likely feature Intel Tiger Lake as well. The recent leak produced by Verizon shows that this is a laptop. Here is the blurry picture from there:
    X1Titanium.PNG
    The screen size (13.5 inch) as well as the picture are already a giveaway: This will feature a 3:2 screen!

And according to the Lenovo partner from the German forum, the X1 Titanium will be a convertible with a 2K 450 nit 3:2 screen that rotates 360 degrees - seems like it will be a major upgrade compared with the existing X1 Yoga, though in a much thinner package (12 mm thick) and with less ports. Also, the stylus will not have a silo with this one according to the Lenovo partner.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    dellaster likes this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Boo! :mad:

Otherwise it sounds very interesting. Thanks.

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Interesting mix of good and bad news! :)

First gut reaction: great aspect ratio, good brightness, OK-ish battery size, disappointing CPU (Tiger Lake would have been nice) shame it's still not substantially lighter (2.9lbs), d'Oh on the silo. Always having that stylus is a great thing on my X1 Yoga 3. BTW the resolution shown on the verizon leak has to be wrong, because that lists 2560:1504 which is not 3:2.

Definitely a product line to keep an eye on. I'll consider next year's version when the warranty on my X1Y3 finally runs out.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. ibmthink

Ah, damn, I wrote Ice Lake - I mean Tiger Lake of course. Ice Lake lacks vPro, so it won't be featured in any ThinkPad. Whether the X1 Titanium uses the UP3 or UP4 variation of Tiger Lake remains to be seen, but I would bet on the UP4 - it is probably a little bit too thin and too compact for the more powerful UP3 models.

And despite being smaller than the current X1 Yoga - if it is like with the X1 Carbon, then the X1 Titanium will actually use titanium for the chassis. That might play a role in it being as heavy as the bigger X1 Yoga.

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@ibmthink, I was guessing that “Ice Lake” was a typo. Thanks for clearing that up.

6. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

I suppose it actually rotates 360 degrees though, not 180, right? Just to make sure where the typo is because otherwise it'll just be a regular clamshell.

JoeS likes this.
  7. ibmthink

Right you are :vbbiggrin: I guess it is kinda obvious I wrote the OP in a hurry^^

franzander and JoeS like this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Hey man, I'm just happy you took a break from reddit to visit us over here :thumbsup:

ibmthink likes this.
  9. ibmthink

Two new videos that show the X1 Titanium:

JoeS and dellaster like this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The titanium looks sick (my kid's word).:newpalm: I'm pretty sure it means something good.