WteeF - New T4210, XP Installed, Pen doesnt work

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Chocobo, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawwsh

Jawwsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all,
    I just got a Fujitsu T4210 with Vista preinstalled. I dont know if it was factory preinstalled or the dude before me preinstalled it.

Anyways, needless to say, I installed a dual boot of Windows XP Tablet PC edition. When I boot up XP, the pen doesnt work!

I tried the following without success:
    • Installing driver from Fujitsu website
    • Installing driver from Wacom website
    • Searching for older versions of Wacom drivers

And it still hasnt worked. Any suggestions on how to get some working drivers for this tablet?

Oh, for the record, the Wacom website 'Penabled' drivers worked half way. During installation, Windows XP detected the 'first' HID 'mouse' and then the pen worked... but then it installed the 'second' HID 'mouse' and the pen stopped working. WteeF.

Thanks,
    Jawwsh

2. Garfield

Garfield Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, I'm not an expert, but you could try uninstalling the "second" HID "mouse" and see if that helps. Just a thought and I dont know if it will work, nor do I own a fujitsu product.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Check the Device Managers list for any items showing up with a Yellow sign.
    It should be under 'Human Interface Devices'.

If you have one or you can see two, look to see which of the two you do not need and Delete it.

4. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, what P8RSON said.

XP doesn't seem to like tablet devices, because my desktop had some problems if I plugged the tablet in before installing drivers. Because this isn't the primary system which was set up to work on the tablet, I guess it auto-installs some crummy drivers and that's why it's errored. Removing it from Device Manager is a good idea. Then, if that doesn't work, try installing the drivers again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.