WTB: Axiotron Studio Pen!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by KosanRio, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KosanRio

KosanRio Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone got a spare Axiotron ModBook Studio Pen they'd be willing to sell me? I'd pay like $30 for it via PayPal...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

A buddy of mine has been looking also, to no avail. Has the stock on these things finally run dry??

3. KosanRio

I guess so... I'd really like one for my ThinkPad X61T and my Galaxy Note ...

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

You're right about the Axiotron Studio Pen-- it does seem to be gone. However, the more "pencil-like" Axiotron pen seems to still be available on Amazon. It's thinner, but it still has 2 buttons and an eraser. I use it and like it. Alternatively, it's the "heft" one wants, there's the 1 button Motion tablet pc pens. They're very nice in the hand, and have a very nice eraser, that doesn't require a lot of pressure to engage. If they had 2 buttons, they'd be my favorite, because they feel so nice to use. As it is, 2 buttons wins out, and thus the "normal" Axiotron non-Studio pen.

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

6. KosanRio

Can you throw the link my way?

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Is that one or two side button pen?..>>

...One button on the side of the pen body and an eraser function (on the end with the swivel for the tether)

10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Well, the one I thought I found on Amazon was a bust. Only 1 side button.

However, I had an alternate idea, which is to use one of the older Cintiq pens-- like for the 15 or 18sx. I looked them up. If you want that nice fat "art-pen" feel, with a 2-button option and an eraser, its all I can find. They run about 100-130$ each. I have a Cintiq 18sx, and my current tablet pc pens run on it, so its cross compatible. I found this link, with pics. It shows the the up-817e pen as being compatible as well. Of course, I've not tried this exact pen. However, I found a thread here at tabletpcreview from a few years ago and it worked for this guy--
    "I edited my post above. Just to make it clear :
    I own the PL900 pen (UP-817E), listed under the 'tablet pc' section on the wacom eu site :
    http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/PL-900-pen_detail_273_9044.html

this PL900 pen works for me on a hp tx2500z penabled tabletpc.
    I can NOT confirm that the PL 510G works. maybe Samov can answer that." So, there's that.

I found it on ebay here (looks like it ships from Australia). I also found it here, selling in England. Here's the pen in the Wacom Eurpose store as well.

Hope that's helpful. If I was looking for something cheap, like the Axiotron pens (my non-Studio one was literally something like 10$), then I'd get the Fujitsu mentioned above for 30$ or so. If you want that nice 2-button fat, art pen feeling, this is really your only option, which runs you about 100$.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.