Writing the CEO of HP about the Slate 500

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by nygabe, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nygabe

nygabe Pen Pal - Newbie

We are all passionate about the Slate 500. We are early adopters. Very few of us actually have one in our hands. It is great to be a part of this forum and voice our opinion but we are preaching to the choir, you might say. If you would like your voice to be heard about your shipping issues or the general lack of availability of the Slate 500, or any other concern that you have, tell it to the CEO. HP has a web page where you can email your issues directly to the office of Léo Apotheker, the CEO & President of Hewlett Packard. If enough people actually do this they will listen. It would get the attention of the folks in corporate that things aren't going well and that there is a group of concerned business consumers that have taken the time to contact them. They will respond to you. We take the time to voice our opinions here. Take the time and let your voice be heard by HP corporate. I did. Here is the link: HP Executive Team: CEO email
    Best of luck!

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Having written my share of "nastygrams"... all of them fully justified, I assure you...my advice would be to carefully consider what you write. There is a legitimate reason to complain here, but it isn't the slow or delayed production of Slates. I believe that the legitimate complaint is that HP's Customer Service is in disarray, for whatever reason. It's not so much about the people as it is about the timely flow of accurate information. If HP fancies itself to be a truly international company, then this aspect of their operation clearly needs some attention. At a minimum, the integration of the Service / Support function in HP's integrated product team looks to be problematic.

If you happen to have a beef with an individual, far be it from me to tell you not to mention it; but think first. Was it the person, or the fact that the person didn't have access to information...?

Like most things in life, a reasonable comment will be more likely to garner attention...

3. nygabe

nygabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with you Steve S. This isn't meant to be an all out, negative attack on HP but a communication effort to truly make HP aware about "all" of the issues and circumstances surrounding the Slate 500 by those that have purchased them. I didn't write and wouldn't suggest any kind of "nastygram". Yes, as you said, "a reasonable comment will be more likely to garner attention..."

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I wouldn't expect the message to go far unless it has the potential to make money. If you include copies of some of posts where members wrote about how much positive attention their device got, it might encourage Leo to try harder. The effect we have when we use our tablets in public does more than any number of print ads can do...I'm sure of it.

5. Benz360

Benz360 IT Pro

I beleive this is a good idea, however make sure these are constructive e-mails, and not just a blatant rant.

6. Rygus

Rygus Waiting and Hoping failed

I voiced my opinion one week tomorrow and still waiting for a response. I only addressed the lack of smb cs support and shipping information and times not being correct.
    I am not holding my breath and would be suprised if I heard anything. Hp is a international multi billion dollar company. We are peanuts to them. Its sad.

7. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We have already Rick inside.
    If Rick needs details, he knows where to find them.
    I think he is our best advocate.
    I think he is the best one to obtain some future improvements.

8. Malberttoo

Malberttoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Whole-heartedly agree.

9. TeflonDon

TeflonDon Pen Pal - Newbie

Been there, done that. Wrote to him via that address in November/December only got an acknowledgement. No reply to date.

Waste of time TBH

10. DaveP

DaveP Scribbler - Standard Member

While I understand the frustration of those who have not yet received their Slate, I think it's important that those of us who have received it let HP know what a fantastic device it is.

My fear is that HP will shut down production of the Slate in favor of their WebOS tablets. This would definitely put a damper on my hope for a Slate 600 with Oak Trail.