Writing pad very slow (Tablet PC input panel)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terencec

terencec Pen Pal - Newbie

Today, when I tried to use the Writing Pad on T4210 running WinXP Tablet 2005, with the most current drivers and window updates. I have not used the writing pad for long time so don't know when the problem happens

The letter showed up more than one second later after I wrote on the Writing Pad. It is very annoying. This is the only problem. I tried the character pad, it also had the same problem. It was not like that in the past. Is it anything I can do to fix the problem? If not, it may need to clean reinstall the window again. It is pain.

Tried onenote 2007, it worked very well without the same problem. I guessed some software might corrupt the window Tablet PC input panel.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Silly question but have you checked the Windows Task Manager for CPU Usage?

3. terencec

When the pen points (hoover) to the writing pad, the cpu usage is from 0% to 55%, go up over 60% when I am writing.

The cursor is always busy when I point to the writing pad.

I turned off all system.ini,win.ini, all system services except Basic Microsoft services), all startup items. Only opened the writing pad, the Tablet still had the same problem. :( When I write on the writing pad, it takes a second or seconds to show on the screen most of time. Is this normal? Would someone let me know how it works on his/her Tablet (T4210/T4215). My T4210 has 1GB memory.

I even turned off all system.ini,win.ini, all system services, all startup items. Only opened the writing pad and used mouse as a pen to write on the writing pad, the Tablet still had the same problem.

I open the onenote 2007, as soon as I write on onenote, it shows immediately.

I really do not want to clean reinstall the whole WinXP tablet version and all the installed software again. However, the problem looks quite bad and it seems to the OS corrupted?!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. P8RSON

No, it's not normal for you to have to wait 2 seconds before text appears on screen.... nor is it normal for the CPU Usage to be showing 55 to 60% when you have nothing running in the background.

Tell me, again go back to the Windows Task Manager but this time when the CPU Usage shows this high reading, I then want you to chop to the Processes tab and in the column where it says 'CPU' click twice on it so that it lists the processes running in CPU priority.

You should now see a list of processes running with the highest CPU process at the top then the next and so on.

Which processes are at the top?

Now, one other question......
    You say it only happens when you are using the 'writing pad'. Can you explain what program this is actually called?

5. terencec

Here are the answers:
    1. Writing pad: We all use it but we may call it different name. It is included in OS. We use to write anything and insert to any program when the tablet is in slate mode.

Please to this link. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/tabletpc/expert/vanwest_newtip.mspx (Figure 3 is the writing pad).

2. tabtip.exe is at the top of all processes, it uses 50% of CPU when I point (not even write anything yet) :( to the "writing pad" of the Tablet input panel.

I bet the tabtip.exe is corrupted. When the pen is pointing at the writing pad, it shows busy cursor and uses a lot of CPU. After recovering the old image, it just works fine without any problem, the letter shows as soon as I write on the screen, the cursor does not show busy when the pen is pointing to the writing pad.

The tablet always shuts down and starts up properly. The installed software are all from major brand. Never have any application/os error while running the tablet. It is hard to understand why it can cause this kind of problem (possible OS corrupted). Can it be some setting in the Control panel I can change to fix the problem?

6. P8RSON

With the Tabtip.exe using such high CPU Usage does indicate something is not correct I agree.

Tell me, have you installed the Wacom Enhanced Driver and if so which version are you running?

7. terencec

I have not installed the Wacom Enhanced Driver. Only installed the Fujitsu drivers. Search the same problem on Google (search for tabtip.exe cpu usage), the only solution I found is to reinstall the WinXP. It takes too much work to look for the root cause and most likely won't be able to find it. The registry may be corrupted and won't be able to recover. I will just reinstall the WinXP, it will take a few hours.

Anyone sees the same problem on his/her Fujitsu Tablet?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  8. P8RSON

I know what you are talking of here but humour me..... try installing the Wacom Enhanced Driver (not the latest).
    I have a very good and stable driver if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.