Writing a paragraph in Word

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by waplespunk, Aug 7, 2007.

1. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

I've asked this before but I don't remember seeing an answer.

I know that in Word you have that little bar that pops out for you to write in. However, it's not very big. How can one write a full paragraph without having to press the Insert button after every sentence? Is there a way to maybe make that tool taller so more fits?

2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

drag the box to the top, as you get to the end of the line, it should automatically create a new line. By dragging it to the top, you give it enoughspace to create new lines to the bottom of the page. At that point you hit insert and redo the process.

Your typing window is probably at the bottom already, thus you only see one line, or you aren't typing it enough.

3. Bevelund

Bevelund Pen Pal - Newbie

Also, you can write a full page in One Note, then convert it to text and export to word.

4. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

You can also go to review-start inking and write the paragraph in your own hand writing with a virtual ink.

5. HS77

HS77 Scribbler - Standard Member

All good suggestions already, I hope it solves what your talking about. I know thats what I had to do (move the Pen tip to the too.)

Also, I don't know if this might help you, but there's an option that allows it to automatically insert after a break in writing so you don't have to hit insert.

But if you're like me, I don't do that because I take time to check/fix errors . . .

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Basically, as thaluckyspoon mentions:
    For Word/Excel 2007: go to the Review tab, then click Start Inking. From there, an Ink Tools Toolbar should pop up and you can choose from a felt tip pen, ballpoint pen, and so forth.

For Word/Excel 2003: Right click on the Toolbar, then "Ink Drawing and Writing"; there are other tool bars like Ink Annotations and Ink Comment.
    Again you will have many different choices of Pen types to choose from.