Write from Styluslab

Discussion in 'Software' started by Derson, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Derson

Derson Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, recently I have found a new masterpiece, at least for me, call Write from Styluslabs.com. Is like a little onenote, works great on tablet pc with stylus, smooth, light, portable, export to pdf, etc. and free :)
    I would like recommend this amazing software in Stylus Labs

WillAdams likes this.
  2. LambdaFox

LambdaFox Pen Pal - Newbie

:vbcool: This is very cool and works well on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Nearly everything is user configurable. For me writing works best at 125% zoom. Unfortunately there is no way to add zoom buttons to the toolbar.:vbfrown: I sent support an email asking for that feature.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I've had the android version for a while, inking is superb. Wonder if you can sync the notes over Dropbox and keep then current independent of device?

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone know of a suitable wiki where we could catalog tablet-specific software?

Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just tried it. Funny tool.
    Would like to have some of the features in Onenote.

6. ArtInvent

ArtInvent Pen Pal - Newbie

Holy smokes I just found this app, and I love it. Its like a longhand word processor. What it does, it does brilliantly. It allows you to compose as a writer like you do on a keyboard. Insert spaces, with intelligence to re-flow handwritten text onto the next lines. Or delete and get rid of the excess space. Amazing.
    It's not trying to OCR or have handwriting recognition. That's not the point. Most of those apps are klunky and slow anyway.
    Unfortunately it looks like it hasn't been updated in 3 years. What a huge pity, I've never seen anything quite like it, and it's really just what I was looking for. I think writing composition with a pen is just more organic that typing. There are a lot of stylus apps and notetaking apps but I've never seen anything like this that really makes the cut and paste editing style so natural on a computer.
    And it was available on Mac/Linux/Windows/Android! Someone put a lot of work into this. Hope development on it resumes!

WillAdams likes this.