Write Anywhere on the Screen and Erase With the Top of the Pen

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Wodd, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Wodd

Wodd Pen Pal - Newbie

Was I remembering correctly what I thought that I had read before? Ink Desktop allows writing on the desktop only and does not allow inserting the ink. What I glean from nnthemperor's post is that even it and Microsoft's Write Anywhere don't allow using the top of the pen to erase ink. In that case, perhaps there isn't currently any software that does that aside from the later versions of Tablet PC Input Panel. Earlier, I uninstalled MyScript Stylus (because its keyboard does not send keystrokes to one of my music players) and installed and uninstalled ritePen because it didn't have the option to manually insert ink. I am using Tablet PC Input Panel. :)

2. freewilly

freewilly Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, I've played around with it for a bit. It doesn't allow for the insertion of text 'n such and basically turns your screen into a big scratchpad. Basically, it allows one to write over stuff, and erase said marks. Think of it as a VERY limited paint/sketch program that uses whatever is on the screen as a backdrop to the canvas.

3. Wodd

Wodd Pen Pal - Newbie

That is a good analogy. I think that I did use it before and it did not allow inserting what was written into documents. It makes it like an application that I used for Windows 8 that put a virtual freezer on the screen on which the user placed magnets that were already present on it or his or her own images. I think that it allowed custom notes also, but I don't remember if it did or did not do that. I don't remember the name of the application, but if you do some Web searching, you can probably find it.