WPrime and WEI Benchmarks for Tablet PCs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by e-schreiber, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candanga

Candanga Pen Pal - Newbie

something else, why is the Iconia W500 listed as a C-60? when it comes with a C-50... Up to where I know it doesn't support the "turbo" 1333MHz function....

not fair against my W110 :p

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

This was his explanation, a few posts back:

So whoever owns an Acer W500 with a C-50 inside, please, feel free to submit its WPrime 2.06 score. This way we'll have both the original and the refreshed W500. Read the OP for the rules.

3. abced123

abced123 Pen Pal - Newbie

it is 114 ...."too short answer" lol

4. Candanga

Candanga Pen Pal - Newbie

5. e-schreiber

Thanks for your submission, abced123!
    Now both of the W500 models (the original with AMD C-50 and the refresh with AMD C-60) are listed.

6. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

I have another number to add.
    I call it Slate 5000, but it's made out of a TC4400. CPU is a T2300E (1.66, 166, 2MB, Yonah) and it does the 32M test in just over 55.0 seconds.

Quite interesting result compared to the T7600 I tested under the same conditions in the same hardware.
    Especially interesting is the marginally better result of the SU 9600...

7. e-schreiber

Is that an original HP machine or a mod? I found some specs for the TC4400 on HP's site: Intel Core Duo Processor T2300E (1.66-GHz, 667-MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache)

Is it the same machine?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Hattori Hanzo

Well, yes and no. It was made by tearing apart a TC4400 and assembling it differently, but all relevant parts are original, just some unnecessary were removed.
    The CPU comes from a different machine, but was originally available with the HP. Your specs are correct.

9. e-schreiber

Hmmm... Because that's not a "standard" Tablet PC, I'd rather not to add it to the list. ;) I want this list to serve as a reference to prospect buyers who want to have an idea of how their (current or future) tablet fare against other tablets running on their original hardware, clocks and settings.

I did break this rule when I added the over-clocked version of the Slate 500. However, I only did it because its CPU is, in my opinion, quite slow and I find its over-clocked score to be a useful reference to owners of other low-power tablets, especially the Slate 2, Q550 and Latitude ST.

10. Hattori Hanzo

My mod has the same mainboard, display, digitizer, memory, pen, battery and everything else a normal TC 4400 has. The only parts removed were some signaling, LEDs, the IR port (which is just an LED), keyboard, touchpad and mechanical parts. So nothing the machine would be really aware of or that could make a measurable difference.

The CPU was available as a stock option. In terms of computational performance this thing cannot behave differently than a standard TC4400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.