WPrime and WEI Benchmarks for Tablet PCs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by e-schreiber, Oct 30, 2011.

1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Here is another tablet for the list. Fujitsu Q702, i3 3217U, 1.8 GHz.

wPrime 29

WEI 6.3 5.9 4.7 6.1 7.9

Regards, Jim

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Graphs updated! Thanks, hawkeye62!

I see that the difference in performance between the i3-based Sony Duo 11 and the Fujitsu Q702 is noticeable! Is there anyone in the forums with another i3-3217U version of a Sony Duo 11? If so, could you run WPrime and WEI on it to double check these numbers? Also, the Graphics score for the Samsung Ativ 700T still look too low and l know it was caused by bad video drivers. Has this situation changed lately?

3. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I take no one has submitted a benchmark of the Fujitsu Q572. Is there benchmark from any reviews, because I wasn't able to find a benchmark for it that device. I just want to know how the cpu/gpu combo compares to the current Atom and the older SU9x00 model C2D devices. Thanks.

4. e-schreiber

I haven't seen Q572 owners in the forum yet. If I spot one, I'll ask him to benchmark his unit. I'd like to see new benchmarks of the Ativ 700 and i3-based Duo 11. Their figures look odd to me. I guess I'll make a request on their respective forums later....

5. bloodycape

bloodycape Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

What looks odd about the i3 scores? Are there any benchmarks from reviews for the Q572 or at leas the cpu it uses?

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I know there was a lot of discussion when you started this thread about the inability to generalize levels of performance from benchmarks like WPrime. At least with regard to the N2600 Atom vs. C2D CPU's (all running W7 Pro) like the SU2300 and SU9300, the relative performance suggested by the WPrime scores match my observations fairly closely. I have run my Q552 side by side with an Acer 1410T (SU2300) and my Thinkpad X301 (SU9300). The Atom is a step behind the C2D, similar to the Prime score differences listed in your chart.

7. e-schreiber

Yes. It's difficult to generalize since each benchmark has its own bias. I think I used the "100-meter sprinter" versus the "marathon runner" analogy somewhere in the forums....Both athletes are runners, but they only excel at their own category. There's no 100% fair way to go about this, but I believe it's better to have some reference than none. I picked WPrime for 3 reasons:

• It's multi-threaded.
    • It only test the CPU and nothing else (the type and amount of memory and storage are immaterial).
    • It's a tiny and free 1-Megabyte download that doesn't even require installation.

I decided to included WEI for Win8 tablets because WEI is built into Windows (which means no installation is necessary) and it allows us to measure the GPU as well.

8. e-schreiber

Owners of the ThinkPad Helix, feel free to submit your WPrime and WEI scores. I need the scores obtained when the machine is on Tablet Mode. However, those with enough inclination to also submit the Tablet+ Mode scores can do so, but there's no need to submit the Laptop Mode scores. As usual, read the guidelines posted on the OP before running the benchmarks.

Thanks in advance. :)

9. EmailGuy

EmailGuy Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is another system to add to the list.

HP Revolve 810 Core i7-3687u

Wprime 32M - 17.221 sec
    Wprime 1024M - 553.753 sec

WEI 7.2, 7.4, 5.2, 6.4, 8.1

Its a real screamer, literally. Unfortunately, besides being pretty quick, the fan gets pretty loud when pushing it hard.

10. e-schreiber

Graphs updated! Thanks, EmailGuy! :)

To anyone with a Lenovo Helix (Tablet Mode) or Acer Aspire P3: please submit your scores.