WPrime and WEI Benchmarks for Tablet PCs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by e-schreiber, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizhub55

bizhub55 Pen Pal - Newbie

Rebooted system and re ran WEI to make sure no other processes were running. Slight improvement in processor and graphics.

WEI
    CPU 3.5, RAM, 4.7, Graphics 3.7, Gaming 3.3, HD 5.6

2. kneebuster

kneebuster Long time tablet PC user

Good call. It was not on the High Performance profile. I switched to that, rebooted, and the CPU score went up to 6.5. I changed it in my original post. I'm not sure why it's still lagging the other i5 machines. I'm off to a series of meetings but will try a few other tweaks tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Thanks for double-checking your scores. I just updated the Q702 entry, however, it still looks strange. Now your WEI-Gfx score is a meager 3.6.... If you can, run both WPrime and WEI again this weekend. No rush. Something is definitely wrong.

Thanks for your submission. Graphs updated!

4. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a great thread! Is there a similar thread that compares the various features of tablet PCs such as whether the screen is matte or glossy, or whether the keyboard is detachable, or how many USB ports, ... etc.? Thanks!

5. e-schreiber

6. e-schreiber

So kneebuster ran the benchmarks once more today and it seems that now we have the definitive scores for the Fujitsu Q702. The current WEI-Gfx score looks much better compared to the score obtained in his previous benchmark attempt. Thanks kneebuster for the patience and diligence to get the numbers right. :) I wish the Q702 had a silo. I'd get one.

Graphs updated.

7. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Asus Vivotab Tf810c

Wei from factory: 3,2 (3,4 - 4,7 - 3,7 - 3,2 - 5,8)
    Wei (my test): 3,2 (3,4 - 4,7 - 3,6 - 3,2 - 5,8) only the graphics number changed, from 3,7 to 3,6.

wPrime 32M benchmark: 57,941sec (1800 Mhz *1)
    wPrime 1024M benchmark: 1856,417sec (1800 Mhz *1)

I have seen Techgeek32 is getting a much higher 68sec in wprime. I can tell I wasn't running any other program in the background, and I have freed windows of unuseful services running in the background except google updates and some other. Also I wasn't running the Task Manager, since that also consumes a bit of cpu cycles.

EDIT: I forgot to tell that I ran the tests after I upgraded to the intel chipset drivers made by HP.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. e-schreiber

Thanks for the updated scores, Tonitti! Graphs updated.

The thread is open to corrections, so if anyone else sees inaccurate scores, please, submit corrections!

9. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a ThinkPad Tablet 2, but I get 2.9 in Processor all the time. I got 2.9 in RAM one time and 4.0 the other time.

It should be around Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 (Z2760) --> WP: 60sec | WEI: 3.5, 4.7, 3.7, 3.3, 5.6 as stated in the first post.

Edit: ok everything seems fine now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. e-schreiber

Sometimes the machine needs a reboot. Other times there's a process in the background stealing CPU cycles. It's also possible that drivers need to be updated or the tablet's Power Profile needs to be change to High Performance or Balanced. Sometimes the CPU is throttle down when the tablet is running off the battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.