Wow T2010 is impressive!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by robdam1001, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jsimon9633

Jsimon9633 Pen Pal - Newbie

So I was in the market for a tablet pc and I first tried to go with the HP Tx2000z. Boy was that dissapointing.

I returned it and got this T2010, 1.06ghz with 3.24 gigs of ram now :)

Its amazing, I love it so far. The build quality is so much different and superior to the HP. It just has an elegant look and feel to it.

One thing that is of some concern i suppose is that the hard drive seems to be active even idle. I have unable to track down the program causing that

I was skeptical on the ULV intel but you know what its fine for what I need this machine for. I have a Macbook pro for my heavy duty needs.

I love the low weight, battery time.

Even though I got the anti glare indoor screen it still looks 100000% sharper and better than the hp tx2000z, in fact its sitting right next to my 23 inch Apple Cinema Display and its holding its own.

Fujitsu may have made a customer for life from this :)

2. Dev1ant

Dev1ant Pen Pal - Newbie

If you're using Vista, it's fairly likely that the Indexing Service may be the cause of your hard drive's constant activity.

3. Chocobo

Chocobo Scribbler - Standard Member

Huh. What exactly was wrong with the HP? I knew it was too good to be true for that price...

4. Jsimon9633

Where can we begin.

It was loud as hell, really really hot.

The screen looked like a blurry mess.

the build quality was very low.

The processor was an AMD

It weighed way too much and to have any semblance of decent battery life you needed the large battery which made it weigh over 5lbs.

Writing on it felt odd and unnatural.

viewing angles were HORRIFIC, if you didnt look at it from the exact right angle, you could see nothing but glare

the BIGGEST factors for me was the weight and how blurry the screen was and the viewing angles

5. freeze

freeze Pen Pal - Newbie

I am trying to decide between the fujitsu T2010 and the HP TX2000z and I have just one question about the T2010:

Is it annoying to not have the screen lock down? Does that make it harder to write on with the screen never locking?

thanks.

6. tonkabui

tonkabui Pen Pal - Newbie

i take notes all day long without the screen locking and it's absolutely fine. the "latch" is on the hinge side, so the opposite edge of the screen "wobbles" just a tiny bit. it's not like if you go to put pressure on it, the screen rotates as you write. my friend has the lenovo x61t, which has a latch, and i can do everything he can... except i can do it for longer. get a bigger hard drive, 4gb ram, and the extended battery and you can ink all day long without worrying about battery life. the t2010, even with its minor faults, is well worth the money.

7. Jsimon9633

Agreed, I was concerned with the lack of a latch too but its 0 issue. It doesnt move anywhere near enough to make a difference.

I got 4gb of ram and I might upgrade the hard drive. besides that the only things I plan on doing is get a www.nushield.com screen protector on it and thats it.

The battery life is ok for me on standard battery but maybe in the future if i Travel for work or something Id get the extended.

The tx2000z is really not good for anything but playing cause the viewing angles are just terrible.

8. chocobill

chocobill Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea..one thing about the screen...it looks so much better if you take off the factory screen protector then add your own screen protector after. It's like day and night.

9. robdam1001

robdam1001 Scribbler - Standard Member

I was also concerned, (prior to purchasing), about the lack of screen lock but it is 100% a non issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.