Wow, amazing customer care!!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by maradori, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maradori

maradori Pen Pal - Newbie

Just want to share my experiences with everyone (not that any of you will care but maybe.....just maybe Fujitsu might stumble across this post ... and do what? LOL no idea :D )

So 85 days ago, I bought a refurb T900 through the Fujitsu eBay store (never knew it existed, woot, thank you everyone!!). And sometime around the 12th, the LCD died :( . Screen went black, but the backlight could still be adjusted and thank goodness the VGA out still worked so I could transfer my files to backup.

Luckily I'm still covered under the 90-day warranty. So on Sunday afternoon, I call up Fujitsu. A Filipino woman took my call (methinks FJ outsources their call centres there? :confused: ) and went through the basic tier 1 basic troubleshooting. She decided that my tablet needed to be RMA'ed. Went through the RMA process and printed the form she e-mailed to me...

Went to Fedex on Monday morning and uwaoooo, priority overnight shipping :eek: :eek: :eek: !! My tablet will arrive in Tennessee before 10am next business day. And I didn't have to pay a cent! C'mon, how cool is that!?!?

Fast forward a few business days and a calendar week later, I receive a delivery notice from Fedex. Kinda peeved that they replaced my original factory double-layer boxes with a crap box, but meh.

Turned out the LCD cable was loose or something ... but wow, a part of me is still in awe about the entire process:
    • I waited maybe a minute or two on the phone
    • the whole process culminating with the RMA email took maybe 15 min max
    • Fujitsu paid for priority overnight
    • They fixed it relatively quickly

Thankfully I still have a few days before my 90 day warranty expires for good. I'm thinking of going to the FJ site and buying up to a 3 year warranty. Has anyone needed service years after they bought their tablet? Should I / is it worth it to buy up?

2. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

Glad you got it fixed! lol, personally, I wouldve taken the lcd apart prior to sending it out because i've had bad experiences with sending it to repair facilities (dell/alienware - not fujitsu though).

Thanks for sharing!

3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

It's impossible to predict if/when your machine might decide to quit on you, but tablets have more moving parts than most laptops and given that you had a screen failure when the average life expectancy of the screen is probably over 5 years.....

YES, definitely get the 3 yr wtty. Besides giving you complete peace of mind, it will more than pay for itself if used only once (Fujitsu's parts and labor rates are shockingly high) and will also add more than its cost to your resale value should you decide for any reason to sell it within 3 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.