would you buy the tm2 today?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by samuelmaskell, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

At $500, the TM2 is a great deal. And if you get a G1 (1st Generation) model, you'd get a better battery life. The SU7300 and SU9600 CPUs were more energy efficient.

2. gleavit997

gleavit997 HP TM2 i5

I got one of the last one's off the line. A 2200, and I love it. If you're wondering what to buy, it depends on what you're doing with it. I wanted the tablet for taking notes and serving up my text books ebook style. the TM2 has great pen work, and I can't really express how happy I am with it.

The newer one's battery life is a little short. I just turn off the wifi, dim the monitor, intel graphics and stretch out the battery life. Seems I always get a chance to top off the battery if there's a long stretch in between classes.

3. CKtalon

CKtalon Pen Pal - Newbie

Since you have an android tablet, then I guess for taking notes, the TM2 should be fine. I'm trying to let go of my 1st gen TM2 (SU9600) since I don't use it as much for notetaking. I tend to type everything (in Latex) these days..:(

4. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Scribbler - Standard Member

well I ordered one last night. I ended up going for a slightly more expensive model. 1.33Ghz i5, 4gb ddr3, 500gb 7200rpm hdd, fingerprint reader, bluetooth and basically all other options. came in at just under $700(with free shipping). Hopefully, it works out. :)

5. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Hella machine.

6. zapblam

zapblam Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup. I bought it because of its features for specific purpose. Its a mostly work machine....but with personal fun as a bonus.

Portable office - light, long life and durable...and reasonably cheap
    Must run MSOffice and Access for work fleet inventory....city bus advertising fleet
    Flat touchscreen - Sits on truckers steering wheel book stand in my car
    Full laptop for normal desktop work comfort
    Rotating screen bonus for team photo presentations
    Photoshop capable for my doodling vehicle wrap concept designs
    Good drive space for storing lots of photos of my vehicle wrap install job completions

Depends on what you need the lappy to do....then look for a machine that will do it.

The TM2 is just that for me.

7. Fallenone

Fallenone Pen Pal - Newbie

I would buy it in a heartbeat! This beats every single one of those tablets out of the water and is still a strong rig considering its specs, I actually can't wait for the Tm2t successor!

8. thingemajib

thingemajib Pen Pal - Newbie

currently doing a 5 month stint in the states so im looking out for a mainboard or spares/repair tm2 that has the i5 470/ati option, just to squeeze a bit more power out of this thing

9. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Pen Pal - Newbie

i bought a brand new one in january and i do not regret it at all! The only thing that i wish it had was led keyboard lights, but almost none do anyway. I paid 700 on hp site and its been the best ever...if you are looking for a school laptop i believe this is for you..just get Microsoft OneNote and then you could take notes for about 4 hours straight if i remember correctly (i'm on summer break right now =p) it would last me from 8 to 12...3 hours of note taking with the pen and a whole hour of web surfing..not bad...and if your are just surfing web and not taking notes...it could last you up to 6 hours...pretty decent battery
    life...i have never gotten 9 hours though...like hp says...good computer for the price.

10. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

If HP continues to ship TM2 equipped with the crappy display panel with such poor viewing angles I would not buy it.

If your tasks involve mostly drawing monochromatic/stick figures like note taking, yeah, maybe the TM2 is for you. But if you work with color, you will be well advised to stay clear of the TM2, primarily because of severe color shifting at the slightest tilting of the panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.