Would you buy the T904 or stick with the T902

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by LordJirik, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kits

Kits Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't been stalking around the forums again till recently, but if by pen glitch you mean sudden jumps while drawing or sudden lines then yeah. They don't bother me much though coz the undo button is my buddy ahaha.

But it does suck that it goes wonky while writing at the edges when proofreading a document.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Yeah, that's just Wacom in general. Edge drift and edge jitters have been especially bad in tabletPC's for a long time.

And yes, the pen jump is the strange T902 glitch I refer to. Other members have boiled it down to being a wacom firmware issue specific to the T902 causing a packet overload or something. It's unfortunate, but if it ever gets to you, one temp fix is to wear a thick glove on your drawing hand (just chop off all the finger except for the pinky) essentially blocking skin contact with the screen as much as possible. It's the way that touch and pen information is processed by the firmware at the same time that causes it, (regardless of whether you have touch turned on or off, the hardware still picks it up) sadly we don't have any firmware hackers around here to make appropriate changes to the firmware and Fujitsu and Wacom are not very helpful.

Glad to hear your getting good use of it. I love this thing despite all the flaws, it really is a beautiful piece of hardware.

3. iKazed

iKazed Pen Pal - Newbie

As not having the T902, I'm very interested in the T904. I really like the swivel screen design over the folding screen of the ThinkPad Yoga. It's also lighter, almost by a pound and looks so much thinner. The only thing I'm hoping is it has a 500GB (even 1TB) option for an HDD. Also, the included stylus looks very small and didn't appear to have an erasing end and only had one button.

I'm really toughing it between a few devices. This, the ThinkPad Yoga or Helix, and the Dell Venue Pro 11.

4. parent55

parent55 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a long time user of Fujitsu T series laptops and love the T902. I run vmware so the 16 GB is a must have requirement. The T904 looks awesome except for the reduced memory. No one makes a 16 GB memory package compatible with the Intel ULV processor ... Yet. So we'll have to look to the next version for more capacity.

The T902 is simply the best convertible tablet on the market with the capacity to get real work done. I love this machine.

I'd like to know if anyone has experience running vmware "native" on the machine?

stoneseeker likes this.
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Full voltage CPU on the T902 is more powerful over longer (and shorter) periods of demanding workload, the higher TDP, more RAM, modular bay, more storage capacity (up to 3 separate SSD's) and more ports make it a more utilitarian workhorse than the sleeker, lighter and ULV T904.

T902 is Ivy Bridge, not Haswell. T904 does not have a hot swappable battery.

6. ykvishal

ykvishal Scribbler - Standard Member

Not correct. Sony Flip 15A has 2 DIMMS so you can have 16gb in this model.

7. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

Im looking for a t902 and its proving hard, i'm wonder if I would prefer the slimmer, light 904 instead though.

Re screens - is there much difference between the 2?

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

T902 has wide viewing angles, HD+ display resolution (1600x900), and the touch and pen have minor glitches that can be annoying. T904 has a narrow viewing angle, WQHD display resolution (2560x1440), and the multitouch is well-behaved.

Get a Cintiq Companion 2 or a Vaio Z Canvas.

9. mrjaiga

mrjaiga Pen Pal - Newbie

The t902 is a bit thick and chunky to me. Ive been looking at the new T935 and it looks a lot slicker. Im just wondering if ill notice a significant performance boost with the full voltage of the T902.

Regarding accuracy, I don't think the CC2 is for me, too loud fans will really annoy me

the z canvas looks pretty cool 95% coverage! Looks like it will be a while till it comes to UK.

Is there any specs of the t902, 904 935 rgb coverage?

10. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Those reviews I've linked list color gamut. T902 covers 65% sRGB, T904 covers 81% sRGB, Companion 2 covers 100%+ sRGB and 72% Adobe RGB. If I were an artist I wouldn't even consider anything without full sRGB color gamut, and I'd lean heavily towards 10-bit color depth and Adobe RGB or Rec 2020 color gamut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.