WorldWatch - An Evolving Wrist Watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Steve S, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

WorldWatch.jpg

Some of you may remember that a while back, I flagged a Kickstarter campaign for a watch that I thought was both unique and functional. To recall something that I said at that time: There was a discussion raging in the Microsoft forum about pen inking feel that led one poster to point out that sometimes, people don't know what they want until they see it; so-called "uncalled-for innovation."

The watch in question was the Equilibrium, made by YesWatch. The Kickstarter campaign was a success, and I've been wearing my watch for some time now.

But progress isn't standing still; based on feedback YesWatch has started another campaign for a new design that combines the best features of their last few watch models. Watch the videos at the link below for an excellent overview of the watch features and functions:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...search&result=project&term=worldwatch

When I first encountered YesWatches I wasn't sure what the fuss was, but I was also intrigued, so I bought one. It didn't take me long to understand why the time display is so useful. I've been wearing Yes watches for years now, and I frankly can't imagine using any other kind of wristwatch.

And all because someone innovated without anyone else asking him to...

(Truth in advertising: I am not associated with YesWatch, but I do use and really like their products. Also, a caution; it's a thick watch, similar to a Rollex, so it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Also, see their website, www.yeswatch.com )

Bjorn Kartomten likes this.
  2. Bjorn Kartomten

Bjorn Kartomten Pen Pal - Newbie

I wouldn't call it uncalled-for innovation. I would call it bringing true time back into time keeping.

In the 1760's John Harrison built the first accurate pocket watch, a marvel called the H4. What society didn't understand was that in the process of surrendering to a tic doc machine frequency they also went blind to the subtle nuances of natural and cosmic time. The tic toc thinks you and nature is a machine. Could that be true? Is the blue planet a machine? Are you?

The YES watches and the V7 are the time keepers that have pioneered reconnecting man made and natural time. Help me spread the word.

Bjorn, Founder, YES watch.

WORLDWATCH V7 banner.jpg

3. Steve S

Well, the KickStarter campaign was a little too ambitious, so a new, slightly more modest campaign has gone live on Indiegogo:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/introducing-the-new-yes-worldwatch-v7#/

I've worn Yes watches for years; they're durable but most important, they're accurate! I set my Equilibrium about four months ago (maybe longer?) and it's still within 1 second of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). I think they're a great value and YesWatch has been in business since 1999. Highly recommended.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Does that mean you are always on time + or - 1 second?

5. Steve S

<<...Does that mean you are always on time + or - 1 second?..>.

...In fact, I am. Being on time is a courtesy and shows respect for other people's time.

Bronsky likes this.
  6. Steve S

Seriously, however, these are really great watches. The sunrise / sunset presentation puts your day in perspective and I find myself referring to it all the time, especially in the Spring and Fall, when the days are varying from week to week. As for the size of the watch, I've never had an issue with it; I got used to it almost immediately.

As for price / quality, I'd stack this watch up against any other high-quality watch; these aren't "tweaky" prototype watches...