Working Screen Protector for Dell Venue 11 Pro?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by saniko, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saniko

saniko Pen Pal - Newbie

I've used screen protectors on all my devices especially when I plan to use a stylus. I've gone through screen protectors from TechArmor, Illumishield, and Skinomi with no luck on the Dell Venue 11 Pro. The TechArmor and Illumishield both caused phantom touches that did not occur when the screen protector was removed. The Skinomi just wasn't clear enough for the high res screen of the Dell Venue Pro 11 but did not have any phantom touch issues.

I've never had this issue with any tablet before. Has anyone seen the same problem or has found a screen protector that works well? I want to get a decent one before the newer stylus version is available.

2. HarvMan

HarvMan Pen Pal - Newbie

3. next_milenium

next_milenium Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm using the illumishield on my DV11 and yes, it has issues. The touch sensitivity is not consistent and I have hard time closing apps by dragging down from the top, for example. Surprisingly, it works well with my Dell active stylus though. So, I'm torn on whether or not I should remove it. Without the screen protector, the stylus is too slippery and also makes loud noise (hard surface against hard surface).

I don't like matte screen protectors as they tend to blur the screen.

That is too expensive IMO.

4. saniko

saniko Pen Pal - Newbie

I've ordered the 3M Screen Protector from Dell. I have not heard any good things about this screen protector, but I'm going to take a chance on it.

5. macmelilla

macmelilla Pen Pal - Newbie

It´s mate. I've returned it for that. And there aren't holes for the camera and the light sensor. It's got a weird cut. Perhaps it can be right for a stylus as it feels like a paper.

I've bought these : "Amazon.com: 3x screen protector for Dell Venue 11 Pro CRYSTAL CLEAR - premium quality from kwmobile: Computers & Accessories

They are ok. Easy to apply, crystal clear, and cheap.

6. next_milenium

next_milenium Scribbler - Standard Member

Are they OK for touch sensitivity? Do you have any issue closing metro apps by dragging down from the top? Or how about scrolling in IE?

Thanks.

7. macmelilla

macmelilla Pen Pal - Newbie

They are ok for touch. I've not felt any special difference. Perhaps dragging the finger are not as sweet as on a crystal and they are not anti-footprints.

8. saniko

saniko Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome. I'll return the 3M screen protector and get this.

9. saniko

saniko Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the 3M Screen Protector.

Good News:
    - No phantom touches
    - Easy to apply with no bubbles and no dust
    - Likely to be perfect with the stylus

Bad News:
    - The anti-glare properties put a haze over the gorgeous screen

I've considered whether my Dell Venue 11 is a productivity device or an entertainment device. With the screen protector, it is definitely not a great tool for viewing content. In the end, I'm going to stick with the 3M because I have better consumption devices such as an iPad Mini with Retina display.

10. saniko

saniko Pen Pal - Newbie

After another week with the 3M Screen Protector, I can definitely recommend it. The glazed matte look is less troubling after you adjust to it. The light dispersion properties are incredibly helpful when you use it outside or in sub-optimal lighting.

Still no phantom touches. Incredibly easy to apply with no dust problems. I have no doubts that it will protect my screen from the stylus.

I think the person who said that it had no holes from the camera and light sensor applied it upside down because the Windows button is supposed to be covered and the camera is not.

In a glorious pile of screen protectors that compromise one thing or another, the 3M might be the best.

larsenmm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.