Work in Case- My thoughts and yours too.

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by atom, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

is there any way you could cut a little extra from the hole if it doesnt fit perfect? id have to look at the pictures again, buy you may be able to get a hole for the cd drive and hem it or something.

maybe even take it to an alterations shop and see if they could do it for you... and get it embroidered while you're at it.

hmm that might actually work...

2. pav_kov

pav_kov Pen Pal - Newbie

I do not see on pictures that nikecar had a soft pad with his “work in case”. See picture. When I bought this case I was very disappointed with holes alignments. But after I took that pad out holes fit perfectly and top edge of the case sits very close (well, too close) to side of the screen. But it is in a very workable condition.

Actually I bought my case on ebay ~$25.

Pav_kov

Attached Files:

3. Coolv

Coolv Pen Pal - Newbie

It is unacceptable to pay that much money for a "fitted" case and then have to make manual alterations to it, potentially costing additional money.

4. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For the price I'm paying, i don't think i SHOULD have to spend anymore on this thing.

$25???? goodness. Mine had the soft pad. Hard to tell, but this pic has it there on the left side. http://www.flickr.com/photos/10886370@N02/991661203/
    For $25, did it have the Gateway logo and all, I know Targus makes it since its on their webpage. As I took it out an dback in, the holes lined up better. But still. Be nice if it had a pouch to carry the AC adapter, and maybe a handle to carry, instead of having to hold onto the straps, and at least one pocket for files. If it had those three things, I'd keep it in a heartbeat. Actually, if it just had a puch and the pocket, i'd have kept it.

As it stands, I've got an RMA and will be shipping it back tomorrow or Sunday.

I ended up getting this one:

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TCG400

After rebate its $20 at Compusa.

i was about to get this one for $15 after rebates.
    http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=CVR400

The 2nd one was just a bit smaller, and while I was about to get it, the slighty larger size of the 1st one did it for me. I think I have more space to put junk. The 2nd one I was thinking would be great to eliminate the tendency to collect junk, but my urge for junk ruled supreme.

EDIT: i saw the Ebay one. I think I'll end up getting it at a later date though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. SubtleOxymoron

SubtleOxymoron Pen Pal - Newbie

Back to the slightly off-topicness...
    You wouldn't have a copy of this add to scan, would you chriscannon? ;P
    Because $8 is an incredibly awesome deal... and I feel like I now have some sort of emotional attachment to that backpack... :S

And, to be on topic...
    Get the targus sleeve!
    $14.99 from Bestbuy. :p

6. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

im sorry, but I never actually saw it advertised. I just saw like a million of them at best buy when i went.

7. thewhalepimp

thewhalepimp Pimp Master

The 8 Dollar Backpack ended like a week ago.

I believe however, if you go to slickdeals.net and search for it, you can find an ad. Maybe if you're lucky, you could pricematch it at office max or something.

8. ocdetails

ocdetails Pen Pal - Newbie

My case just came from this ebay purchase. One thing I will say is that they are really fast shippers. I think I ordered this on Monday and here it is today. My initial impressions mirror Nikecar's first post in this thread. For the $25 bucks I paid for it I would say it is well worth it. It makes it too large to fit in the pack that I was hauling the machine around in before, so this is definitely an either/or kind of thing. It isn't a lightweight sleeve that you will be able to just take the tablet out and fold up or something.

Overall I am very impressed with the quality. I'm not having the same issue of ports and holes not lining up like others have reported. The velcro is indeed very strong, and that is probably my only gripe, although it is probably best that it be too strong than not strong enough. That isn't really a negative though. I honestly don't have anthing negative to say about this at all. It is going to work great for what I need it for. I do echo that the additional feature of a pocket to carry a folder would have been a very thoughtful addition, but it doesn't take away from the functionality of a very nice case.

The ideal user for this case in my mind is someone who is using it in Tablet mode far more than they use it in laptop mode. The ideal user would need to be very mobile and taking a laptop in and out of a sleeve, case, or backpack is just going to slow you down. I don't see this as being especially useful for students. It is for highly mobile professionals who use the Tablet functionality most of the time. Real estate professionals, contractors, sales people, inventory managers, consultants, etc.

9. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yes.. the velco IS strong...

10. greg donovan

greg donovan Pen Pal - Newbie

my wife got this work in case for her e-295c. it fits very well and the holes all line up just fine.

would be nice if it had a pocket for a folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.