Work in Case- My thoughts and yours too.

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by atom, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

if you have a bestbuy near you, call and ask if they have some targus groove backpacks on sale. I went to my best buy and found like 100+ of that backpack for $8 ( i bought one cause they are normally $30 everywhere else)

It IS a backpack, but its pretty nice, definately has room for folders/binders/music player/drink/laptop all at the same time. I think for $8 it is an unbelievably awesome investment.

2. capone

capone Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. thewhalepimp

thewhalepimp Pimp Master

That is a simply amazing deal. 8 dollars! i'm gonna go pick up two of these babies tomorrow.

In fact, i believe officemax has a 115% pricematch guarentee, which would make this about 5 bucks. sweeeeeeet.

4. chriscannon

Please do call your bestbuy first! I went to one in Lakewood/Tacoma Washington. Its possible it was only $8 due to their massive inventory of them... i just dont want to waste your time with a useless trip...

PLEASE DO CALL FIRST!

5. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm probably going to get this (or something similar) since I'm a photographer. It says it comes with a sleeve. Not sure if it's just a dust cover or something taht I can use when I just want to take the tablet around by itself.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. thewhalepimp

thewhalepimp Pimp Master

I called my best buy and they said they were all out. However, they accept rainchecks if its in their ad, so make sure you bring a copy.

Another option is a pricematch at officemax or staples or something. I'll be checking it out.

7. chriscannon

Sorry to be offtopic, but as for the backpack itself, the material seems very sturdy, there is a pocket for everything, a hole built for your music player's headphones...

There are only 2 cons that i can think of for this backpack:

1. Its not as big as the online pictures make it look (but its not like its small or anything)

2. There is a waist belt that cannot be removed, only, either hanging down, or clipped out of the way. If i never use this after i get my laptop, im just going to cut it off.

8. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

my thread has been jacked... JACKED!!!!!!

I've come to reclaim my thread.. Out you heathens.. OUT!!!! Go back to whence you came from... Be gone I command you in the name of Gateway and all things tablet!!!!

9. chriscannon

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! IT BURNS US, PRECIOUS!!!

lol sorry i got a little off topic but i was actually suggesting you try the backpack instead, since i think you said you would also like something to carry your folders in as well. I know the laptop has room for folders, laptop and more, and for $8 you cant beat it.

10. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i know... But I don't want a backpack. Not quite as hip modern professional for a Realtor to carry a backpack.

I'm thinking more a messenger bag or something similar. Targus has some called CityGear and CityLite that I'm looking at. I think the CityLite is $15 after rebates.

I got the RMA on the case to return. After I took it out and popped it back in several times, the ports lined up better. I'm still not 100% though on the case. I really want to like it because the concept is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.