Wondering if anyone had sorted the Windows 7 issues with tx2000 series

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by lothlann, Nov 3, 2009.

1. lothlann

lothlann Pen Pal - Newbie

Basically I have a HP tx2050ea and, since upgrading to 7, have noticed a few things.

My screen no longer rotates automatically when I close it and the front buttons do not work. Also it only seems to recognise my pen, not my finger anymore.

I think I had all these issues in Vista too. SO I may have accidentally stopped a service from running. Anyone know what services or drivers I may be missing?

Any help at all what be much appreciated.

Lothlann

2. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Lothlann - I have a tx2510us - and it did the same. check for updates to Win 7 - (you know explorer, safety,updates) - there may be like seven updates. That is what happended to me and then I had touch and pen - but the pen is a little different.

Anyway I got it Thursday and played with it Friday and was unhappy - but Saturday morning I had updates and am pretty happy with how it is behaving (better than vista) - the pen is different and my painter Essentials 4 is not running right - but other than that happy - be patient and persistent.

3. spookyload

spookyload Pen Pal - Newbie

I was able to get full functionality in my TX1000. I used a vista driver for the front panel buttons. I used 4.20.7.0 drivers. The only annoyance I have is the fingerprint reader doesn't want to behave and makes the sound of a usb plugging in and out non-stop. I just disabled it since I don't use it anyways. I think it is crap that HP said they didn't plan on supporting the TX1000 with windows 7. Thier answer of try divers for the TX2000 and hope for the best is BS.

4. lothlann

lothlann Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your help. Between the 2 of you I have managed to sort all the issues.

Thanks again

5. camstone

camstone Pen Pal - Newbie

No issues with my two TX2110US models. Both now running win7 and I reinstalled all the drivers for the buttons and other hardware as needed.

6. dpnow.com

dpnow.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Most things are running well after clean installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit on mytx2130ea. The only niggles are suspect GPU performance in Adobe Photoshop CS4 and the USB sound regularly signalling something somewhere connecting and disconnecting.

What is the most recent HP compatible GeForce Go 6150 driver? I have 7.15.11.7967 installed.

Ian

7. spookyload

spookyload Pen Pal - Newbie

dpnow, go into device manager and disable the fingerprint reader. I bet that fixes your usb sound. That is what it was for me atleast. They are working a new driver for windwos 7. I believe it is in beta right now.

8. dpnow.com

dpnow.com Scribbler - Standard Member

I actually use the fingerprint facility a lot, so I don't want to disable it, and the USB sound isn't that bothersome, but more so is that sometimes the fingerprint reader doesn't work, usually when waking up from a hibernation. The driver for my TX2130ea's AuthenTec AEA1610 is dated 10/03/2009 and is version 8.0.10.9064 - do you know of a more up todate version?

Ian

9. dedraks

dedraks Pen Pal - Newbie

To enable screen rotation and front buttons you have to install the "HP Quick Launch Buttons" software from HP's site.
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40001-40500/sp40139.exe

10. fahadii

fahadii Pen Pal - Newbie

updates solved all the issues! Thanks! :) btw, for anyone who has not upgraded to windows 7 yet, DO IT RITE NOW!!! windows 7 works like a charm on tablets..