WMP 11 Album Art Visualization Problem in tx2500

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by holler, Oct 7, 2008.

1. holler

holler Pen Pal - Newbie

Whenever I change the visualization of WMP to anything else (bars, no visualization, infocenter view, etc.) it always changes back to the album art visualization when I play a song.

Sometimes it will take a couple of songs before this will happen, but it always reverts back to the album art visualization with whatever type of mp3 or wma I play (even lecture recordings in mp3 do this). I have stopped WMP from looking up other information (album art, etc.) of the song in options and have turned off anything else that looks like it could change the info of a song or the player.

I am wondering how I can permanently keep the WMP in the "no visualization" mode (turn off all visualizations to keep a black visualization). I am running WMP 11 in Vista 32bit on my tx2500z. I have not installed any plug-ins.

I know this is a software issue but I am wondering if anyone else has this problem on their tx2500? I was thinking that it may be specific software on the tx2500 that does it.

2. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

You can try reinstalling Windows Media Player.

3. holler

holler Pen Pal - Newbie

How can I reinstall WMP in Vista? I do not see an uninstallation link in add or remove programs or in the Windows features on or off.

Does this album art switching happen to anyone else? I just reformated my computer and unistalled some crapware and it is still switching to album art. I have not installed anything yet. Does anyone else know what might be causing the visualization switching?

4. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

You cant uninstall WMP11 in vista, its so tightly intergrated you have to re-install vista itself.

Unfortunatly your problem sounds pretty unique, might want to try installing a few 3rd party visualisations. and note down exactly what tracks its switching on to see if its random or not.

Media player also has a rather close union with media center, so you might want to try disabling (music info) downlads and visualization options in there as well.

You basicly hav to try everything and anything, otherwise a few quick e-mails to hp might be needed.