Wirelessly Project?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mschesser, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mschesser

mschesser Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I am a school teacher and bought a tm2 tablet to use in my classroom. At this point, I am tethered to the projector via a vga cable. I want to find a way to wirelessly project my material on to my screen. What is the best and cheapest way to do this? Also, is there a way to do it through bluetooth?

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

sorry, there's no wireless vga that I know of.

however if you have a desktop computer that can connect to the projector you can always run remote pc and either use your desktop with your TM2 or you could have the desktop show the TM2's display via remote pc too... but this is assuming you have a desktop computer that's connected via vga and hoping that your school has a wireless network...

however there might be other solutions,
    - Tyler

3. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

There are a few wireless VGA adapaters, but they aren't cheap. A decent option would be this. It's $179.99 Canadian though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. nathanbarlow

nathanbarlow Pen Pal - Newbie

agree with above posters - a bit of clarification...

the cheapest way would by via remote desktop with another computer tethered to the projecter.

the easiest/less-technical way would be to buy a wireless VGA adapter.

usually cheap =/= ease-of-use

5. AirBeagle1

AirBeagle1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I use an iogear wireless USB to VGA adapter in my classroom... what I would really love, however, would be a way to do that with an Expresscard instead of the very awkward VGA dongle hanging off my tablet pc.

6. abeman13

abeman13 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are several wireless 802.11 systems for VGA but they only work for like 30ft and they are quite expensive (as per previous poster). I've used one before to connect to an LCD TV but I cannot remember which model. That's your best bet if you want to remain wireless. But for the classroom it may not reach far enough if you have a big class!

7. GiOakJoe

GiOakJoe Pen Pal - Newbie

some HP laptops have Intel's wireless display (WiDI) built in from what I know of I don't think the tm2 has it even if you customized to the intel wireless card correct me if I'm wrong if you have the intel wireless card. But if you have a laptop with i3, i5 and intels widi built in then you can connect a netgear push to tv adapter for your projector and wireless send video and audio.

8. tha_cyko

tha_cyko Pen Pal - Newbie

I would like to wireless connect my laptop to my audio reciever, so i can have the laptop anywhere in the house and play music. I was thinking of using my PS3 to remote connect to and play music using the PS3 as a gateway