Wireless & Sound Issues on LE1600 w/Windows 7

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by Interzone, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Interzone

Interzone Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I have successfully installed Windows 7 on my LE1600 but cannot seem to get the wireless and audio working. I can't even find the wireless card using Device Manager so I have no idea what kind of card it is. I have tried the Vista drivers for the LE1600 & 1700 to no avail. I can find the Multimedia Audio Controller but cannot automatically download drivers and none of the Vista ones seem to work.

Any suggestions out there?

2. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Your wireless card is one of the unknown devices in the device manager. It won't identify itself. I just manually applied the wireless drivers (XP ones from the Motion website) to the unknown devices until one worked on a reboot. I'm sorry I no longer have the le1600 with me to look up which one.

The XP drivers for the audio worked for me.

3. Interzone

violajack,

Thanks for the input. I got the audio working so that's cool but I'm still having trouble with the wireless. I downloaded the xp drivers from the motion computing site to no avail. Any other ideas?

4. jack33

jack33 Pen Pal - Newbie

The wireless is switched on?

5. violajack

What have you done with the drivers you downloaded? They won't just install. Actually, now that I look at what I have leftover, I think I ended up with some drivers from somewhere else. Google "Motion le1600 windows 7 wifi" and you'll get some good reads. I think in the end, I used a driver linked from one of those and had to manually apply it. You have to go from the device manager, pick one of the unknown devices, right click and select "update driver software". You'll have to pick from a long list. I don't remember now whether I learned which one to pick from one of the sites I read, or if I had gotten it from taking the cover off the bottom and reading the card directly.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I knew I should have written it down while I was doing it as it was quite a pain. I must have read a dozen or more random websites with instructions before I found the one that worked.

6. violajack

Found it! It was this post that pointed me to the correct drivers with instructions on how to get them going. I hope you have the same Atheros card, not one of the Intel ones.

Win7 Ultimate 7600 on LE1600 -- experiences

7. Interzone

I finally got it going. I do have the Atheros card and was able to find the right driver and get it downloaded. The problem was the pop up blocker on the browser was preventing the download in the first place. Man, this thing runs SO much better with W7!

Thanks for the help!