Wireless Security

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by spudde3, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spudde3

spudde3 Pen Pal - Newbie

All,

This is my second post. I got such good info from my first post about video output I thought I would share my problem. I have ordered 5 slates for our business. We do not run a wireless network at our financial intuition because of security and audit compliance. Do they make a device that plugs into a cat5 jack and that emits a wireless signal to a dongle that could be plugged into a pc. Where the only thing that could access the signal is the dongle. This is about the only way I can figure to get wireless to the slates. I have found usb to cat5 jacks that will work for the docking station at our desk but I really need wireless for these to really help me function at my institution.

Thanks
    Spudde3

2. night_hawke

night_hawke Pen Pal - Newbie

you could use a standard wireless network but restrict the access to it to mac addresses then only allow the slates to connect to it. not sure if that will work for you or not.

3. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

I would suggest you use regular WiFi but take a belt-and-suspenders approach to security. Use WPA2 on the WiFi, but put the access point behind a firewall and use VPN to tunnel securely into the network you really want to access. I would think that you could find a VPN that would comply with your security and audit requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.